• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your opening day secondary

Funny thing about players like Lester--we talked more about him last year than White.  White was the story--he played lights out.

Lester is probably not going to be more than he is now, which is fine.  I am guessing about this, as we all are, but I agree that he is somewhat limited.  Yes, he picked off Brady in the end zone, and yes, he got burned deep a few times, once to cost us a game. 

Which game was that? Seattle was Godfrey/Munnerlyn, Buffalo was Norman, Arizona and New Orleans were a poo show the whole game

Hoping nobody would ask. 

I remember the play, and I remember Mitchell fussing at him.  I cannot recall the game for sure, but I think the Boldin play that set up the TD that won it for SF was Lester...

Look, we have a fairly small sample size to judge Lester, so we take little things and exploit them either way. All Safeties get burned once in a while.   I hope he becomes a star, but I suppose I forget the picks vs. Arizona and NE and focus on one image. I hope that you pull this post up in 2 years with a giant "LOL" caption.

I gotta say lester made one of the most impressive plays i had ever seen in person at that arizona game. They tried a flea flicker on their first drive and palmer underthrew it kinda bad but lester still went up with fitzgerald for the ball and came up with it. It happened right in front of my row and i was dumbfounded

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Lester IMO has a great knack for finding the ball and that is something that's not only extremely valuable for a safety but also it's something that can't be taught. His main drawbacks from what I've noticed are that he's too stiff and lacks good top end speed. However you can get by with those two things as long as you take good angles, which can be taught. Football is all about angles and I think one of the main reasons our D was spectacular last year was because everyone learned to take better angles.

The only guy we lost that I'm worried about replacing adequately is Munnerlyn, but I'm also glad we didn't shell out big $$ to retain him.

Building a defense from the front to the back will always be a sound strategy. 

I remember Robert Lester looking real bad against the 49ers in the playoff game when Mikell went down...but that's about it. I still like him more than Harper

But I would like the line-up to be

CB1: Melvin White

FS: Thomas Decoud

SS: Robert Lester

CB2: Antoine Cason

CB3: James Dockery

CB4: Bene Benwikere

Archived