• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

Supposedly an eyewitness is on WFNZ at the moment saying he saw it first hand and saw nothing of the kid punching Hairston first. He saw Hairston hit him really hard and then Hairston ran off before the police showed up. The cops got all the camera footage and thinking there is no way PJ gets out of this. He said it was so violent people didn't even want to look at it and it shook up the people watching it.

Supposedly an eyewitness is on WFNZ at the moment saying he saw it first hand and saw nothing of the kid punching Hairston first. He saw Hairston hit him really hard and then Hairston ran off before the police showed up. The cops got all the camera footage and thinking there is no way PJ gets out of this. He said it was so violent people didn't even want to look at it and it shook up the people watching it.

Is it too late to re-do the draft?

If there really is a video, hopefully it's conclusive and this can be put to bed quickly. Hopefully it's mostly just a rumor, PJ gets his ass out of the Triangle and to Summer League...and then doesn't leave Charlotte. 

Hell, make Jordan assign Charles Oakley to PJ. Anytime Fats gets close, Oakley comes in and tells him to get out. 

If there really is a video, hopefully it's conclusive and this can be put to bed quickly. Hopefully it's mostly just a rumor, PJ gets his ass out of the Triangle and to Summer League...and then doesn't leave Charlotte. 

Hell, make Jordan assign Charles Oakley to PJ. Anytime Fats gets close, Oakley comes in and tells him to get out. 

There is.

I have contacts in Triangle news.

The Y has CCTV footage of the incident.

Seriously though....why is this Fats dude bailing out Gordon? Doesn't he have guys that he can get to do that for him so that his name isn't connected to it? Or....does this guy WANT his name connected to it? The former is too obviously to miss so it must be the latter. 

I'm not gonna lie though... if you watched PJ's post-draft interview with Matt Rochinski and the introductory presser, there was one thing that he said three or four times that really troubled me... he kept saying, "After all I have been through... no one else has been through what I have over the last year."

I was taken back by it... it came off as angry, immature, and entitled. That's an awfully ignorant thing to say. There are players out there who may have made a mistake and were not drafted at all. There are players out there who have most likely lost a loved one or something similar over the last year. Even just last year, Glen Rice Jr. was drafted following a similar situation as PJs, although much later...

He also said his time in the d-league made him mature, as in, "I matured a lot more in the last few months from a college kid to a man."

NO. That's not how it works.

I was just surprised because I felt like if that was what he said to GMs, and especially Cho, how did that make them comfortable with him?

If he truly attacked Barkley unprovoked, which I still think is unlikely, then combined with his post-draft statements, I think PJ has some serious anger and maturity issues - like he needs counseling. It's eerily like Smitty all over again.

I don't want it to be true. I'd rather not have the adult being  the one in the wrong here. It would make more sense for the kid to make such a judgement lapse. I don't want that but it sure  does seem that way. The truth will come out and that's all that matters.

Archived