• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

Geez. I know we offered max, but the Jazz front office is really, really stupid since they are matching.

They are going to end up paying him 11 millions dollars more than he asked for, and 15 million more than they said they were willing to go, just because they didn't extend him just a couple of months back.

Geez. I know we offered max, but the Jazz front office is really, really stupid since they are matching.

They are going to end up paying him 11 millions dollars more than he asked for, and 15 million more than they said they were willing to go, just because they didn't extend him just a couple of months back.

Good.  So even if this falls through for us, Cho raped their cap regardless.

Not sure they would easily match it anymore thanks to the genius Rich Cho. I think Utah's plan was to match it and trade GH this upcoming season for picks or player(s). Since Cho made that contract untradable for 1 yr it makes thing much harder for Utah.

Also, by drafting Hood they are good at SF. Their biggest need is a Center. It'd be pretty stupid for Utah to tie all their money up on Hayward. Won't have money to go after one next year.

I actually think the trade kicker works in favor of a sign and trade.

With the trade kicker, if GH chooses he could essentially force his way to Charlotte by playing the "I'm not happy card" and I only want to go to Charlotte.

I'm not saying that will happen because I don't think GH is that type of guy but who knows...

I actually think the trade kicker works in favor of a sign and trade.

With the trade kicker, if GH chooses he could essentially force his way to Charlotte by playing the "I'm not happy card" and I only want to go to Charlotte.

I'm not saying that will happen because I don't think GH is that type of guy but who knows...

Eric Gordon did the same thing when he signed with Phoenix. Didn't go well.

Not sure they would easily match it anymore thanks to the genius Rich Cho. I think Utah's plan was to match it and trade GH this upcoming season for picks or player(s). Since Cho made that contract untradable for 1 yr it makes thing much harder for Utah.

Also, by drafting Hood they are good at SF. Their biggest need is a Center. It'd be pretty stupid for Utah to tie all their money up on Hayward. Won't have money to go after one next year.

There have been several tweets citing sources saying they are still going to match.

Won't know for sure until it is all official, but I agree they look stupid matching the offer.

We kind of had to make a max offer just to have a chance to get him. The Jazz just look like they are pissing down their leg. And screwing their own flexibility.

I put this in Zod's thread but I want more people to read it so I'm putting it in this one too.

It's win-win for Charlotte, honestly. Utah doesn't match, we get a great all-around player that puts us in position to be a top team in the conference. Utah does, it's on to the next one, and it puts the Hornets in the news as a player for FA's and lets players know "Hey, these guys are really willing to pay max"

Hayward is a guy that feeds off of a player like Al, that's what people don't get. He's a great defender, good when cutting to the hoop, and a good spot-up shooter. He doesn't do all too great at creating his own shots, and that's fine because not many good 2-3 wings have to be.

One big reason that Utah got the 8 seed and made the playoffs a few years ago was because of the Al Jefferson-Gordon Hayward connection, and that was in the West with a much less talented team. Jefferson, Hayward, and Kemba is a solid young foundation that will surprise people. Look at Toronto for god sakes. Look at Kyle Lowry and DeMar Derozen's shooting percentages.

People have to realize that the Owner, GM, and Coach are all on the same page for the first time in a very long time for this team. Everyone here knows what they're getting.

There have been several tweets citing sources saying they are still going to match.

Won't know for sure until it is all official, but I agree they look stupid matching the offer.

We kind of had to make a max offer just to have a chance to get him. The Jazz just look like they are pissing down their leg. And screwing their own flexibility.

If they do, I hope they do it soon. So we won't miss out on Lance if we are even interested.

I put this in Zod's thread but I want more people to read it so I'm putting it in this one too.

It's win-win for Charlotte, honestly. Utah doesn't match, we get a great all-around player that puts us in position to be a top team in the conference. Utah does, it's on to the next one, and it puts the Hornets in the news as a player for FA's and lets players know "Hey, these guys are really willing to pay max"

Hayward is a guy that feeds off of a player like Al, that's what people don't get. He's a great defender, good when cutting to the hoop, and a good spot-up shooter. He doesn't do all too great at creating his own shots, and that's fine because not many good 2-3 wings have to be.

One big reason that Utah got the 8 seed and made the playoffs a few years ago was because of the Al Jefferson-Gordon Hayward connection, and that was in the West with a much less talented team. Jefferson, Hayward, and Kemba is a solid young foundation that will surprise people. Look at Toronto for god sakes. Look at Kyle Lowry and DeMar Derozen's shooting percentages.

People have to realize that the Owner, GM, and Coach are all on the same page for the first time in a very long time for this team. Everyone here knows what they're getting.

Favorite post of this whole thread.^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cleveland is pursuing Ray Allen to help lure James back home. With that said, Waiters may really be on the block. Would Cleveland take our 2014 1st so they could help free cap for James and Allen?

PG: Kemba Walker / FA

SG: Dion Waiters / P.J. Hairston / Gerald Henderson (trade?) / Gary Neal

SF: Gordon Hayward / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor

PF: Marvin Williams / Cody Zeller / Noah Vonleh

C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo

Cleveland is pursuing Ray Allen to help lure James back home. With that said, Waiters may really be on the block. Would Cleveland take our 2014 1st so they could help free cap for James and Allen?

PG: Kemba Walker / FA

SG: Dion Waiters / P.J. Hairston / Gerald Henderson (trade?) / Gary Neal

SF: Gordon Hayward / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor

PF: Marvin Williams / Cody Zeller / Noah Vonleh

C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo

Marvin Williams has to be a Steve Clifford thing. I don't see even MJ wanting to sign his boy Williams to start down low. Clifford must have a plan there.

Archived