• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Sign Marvin Williams

Huddle after the draft: "Cho is amazing!! I am so glad MJ got rid of HIggins. Cho has been doing great and now he will do even better!"

Huddle in the middle of free agency: "Fire Cho! He sucks! He didn't go after the player I wanted!" 

Positive Huddler: Cho is so stealth we never hear whats going on! I like it because that is how you do business!

Negative Huddler: Cho isn't doing anything! We never hear anything going on bc obviously ppl don't want to work with him. You know those analytical types just rub ppl the wrong way. Plus Im pretty sure hes going to turn into a bad driver in the future if he isn't already one."

need "Ignant Huddler"

Why is it that every time I want to check up on things here in the huddle someone is having a period come out of their mouth?

Edit: Defining my use of the word period.... Having a tantrum presenting "facts" when they are actually the feelings and emotions of the poster and not presenting any real stats etc.

If Charlotte stands pat they will be a 6 or 7th seed again next year and might be able to win a FEW playoff games, despite the East being completely up for grabs. If get Stephenson we become legit contenders for the Eastern conference. Some of you don't realize how bad and how open the East is right now. Let's look at the 10 teams who could very legitimately make the playoffs.

Pacers, Heat, Raptors*, Wizards*, Bulls*, Nets, Hornets, Hawks, Cavs*, Knicks*. (The star means the team has noticeably improved)

We could compete with any of those teams now. We wouldn't get to the finals, but we'd pull off a few wins. If we get Stephenson, we are legit contenders for a top 4 seed and a legit push in the playoffs. We need to take advantage of what a shitty conference we are in right now before we wait a year and let superstars start teaming up again.

Does a starting lineup of

Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, MKG, Marvin Williams and Al Jefferson sound very intimating or good to you?

Lance is not that good where he would jump us that high. Dude is like a career 14ppg player which is not that hard to replicate with average - good players. 

He needs to have a break out year ie 18+ppg before people are gonna put him in that next tier of players. 

Just a few quotes from Jazz fans that post on REAL GM.

Marvin Williams is probably the definition of stretch 4. Can rebound, shoot the 3, and is a good passer which is what you need in a stretch 4. He's pretty average on defense, not an impact guy on that end. He replaces McBobs role in Charlotte I would think

You will like him. He has a nice stroke and played well for the Jazz. Good locker room guy, as well. Jazz must not have tried to hard to re-sign him because all I read is how he loved Utah and wanted things to work out so he could, but I never read anything from the front office about it.

He's a somewhat pacified Battier

I think the Jazz decided that with the drafting of Hood and resigning of Hayward, there probably wasn't enough minutes left on the wing to make it worth the $$$ Marvin was asking for. He'll be a nice addition to that Hornets roster when he's healthy, but at $7mil per, that's a pretty steep price.

Once you get out of the trap of wanting more out of him, Marvin's value becomes very obvious.

One of my favorite nba players. Such high character. He just wants to play basketball

Some good and some bad.

I would rather get Stephenson and make tough decisions after this season. He could be a unique talent and only 23

Have we actually made offer to him or what, does anyone know? I've seen the SN rumors but that's all?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'm not debating you anymore. You are saying its a bad decision based on what? You don't know how successful or not Marvin Williams is going to be in out system. You can't call it a bad decision until it plays out. Similarly, people thought we way over paid for Big Al. But now, in our system he is underpaid in terms of his production.

So stop acting like you know better or how it's going to go. The team has gotten progressively better over the last 3 years under Cho.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It's a bad decision because it's $7M per season. I don't care how he produces, that's still too much. 

I thought people were getting paid based on what they've proven they could do up to this point. If not, then everyone demands a great contract just because they want one.

Guys stuck on MW being such a terrible signing at $7M are showing they have no idea what they're talking about and proving that "armchair GM" and "jackass" are the same things.

Sent from my iPhone

I proudly accept the honor of being an "armchair GM" and a "jackass" in your eyes. 

$7M was still too much. If $7M wasn't too much for Marvin Williams, then if Lance Stephenson demanded $15M, who are any of you to argue? Although just last week, many here thought $10M was too much for him.

Lance is not that good where he would jump us that high. Dude is like a career 14ppg player which is not that hard to replicate with average - good players. 

He needs to have a break out year ie 18+ppg before people are gonna put him in that next tier of players. 

Maybe he'll have a "breakout year" if he's not the 4th option behind Paul George, David West and Roy Hibbert.

His 54% from 2pts and 36% from 3pts are much more important than his "PPG." Guys with much higher PPG shoot much worse percentages than Stephenson does, proving that opportunities (field goal attempts per game) matter just as much. He'd get many more of those in Charlotte, so his PPG should increase.

Hayward averaged 3PPG more than Stephenson while shooting 29% from 3pts and 45% from 2pts, obviously because he got a lot more attempts per game, and people here thought he was worth almost $16M a year? Some of you people are a joke. 

Guys stuck on MW being such a terrible signing at $7M are showing they have no idea what they're talking about and proving that "armchair GM" and "jackass" are the same things.

Sent from my iPhone

Well this is the same place where people rage on for pages when PJ Hairston sneezes too loudly.

It's to be expected unfortunately.

btw, Marvin is attending classes at UNC in the summers to get his degree.

gotta like that

I do. I have nothing against Marvin Williams at all. I'd just rather not throw 14 million dollars at him till the Stephenson "sweepstakes" are over. But that's just me.

Archived