• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Dungy: "I wouldn't have taken him." (Michael Sam)

lindseyjw14

Why should he have to sensor what he has to say. He's not saying that he hates gays and are intolerant of him. That's what a bigot is. Yet people wana label people bigots for the slightest connotation of being against it.

He was simply saying he didn't want the distractions. What is wrong with that? The dude was real close to teaming up with freaking Oprah.

So you think it should be okay for an employer to discriminate against a potential employee based on sexual orientation?

Why should he have to sensor what he has to say. He's not saying that he hates gays and are intolerant of him. That's what a bigot is. Yet people wana label people bigots for the slightest connotation of being against it.

He was simply saying he didn't want the distractions. What is wrong with that? The dude was real close to teaming up with freaking Oprah.

Sterling said he didn't hate blacks, he just didn't want them at his games.

Dungy said he doesn't hate gays, he just doesn't want them on his team.

Care to explain the difference?

reggie white, tony dungy, others who are outspoken about their religious beliefs - classy guys who are entitled to their opinions.  people should just live and let live am i right.

chris kluwe, michael sam, etc - attention whores who should just shut up and should not be given any airtime from anyone

fug those agitators sitting at the Woolworth's lunch counter, right?

Sterling said he didn't hate blacks, he just didn't want them at his games.

Dungy said he doesn't hate gays, he just doesn't want them on his team.

Care to explain the difference?

Dungy has sane reasons to do so. Why pick a player that is a media circus and is, at best, a late-round player who has no position and won't contribute immediately?

But I think it's clear the Michael Sam haters on these boards aren't comfortable with gay people. People that say "I don't care what he does, just don't be in my face about it. I don't have to tell everyone I'm straight" are really saying "gay people are weird and I don't know how to deal with it".

I am convinced that Goodell leaned on the Rams or someone to take Sam.

Doubt he makes the team. Nothing against his orientation, he is just not good enough, especially as a tweener

I think he makes the special teams squad. He's a Rudy type player who can make an impact there.

As for dungy, he is very religious as everyone knows, so I think that played a part in this. I've always liked dungy though. And as for the OP way to be a dick bringing his sons suicide into this.

Sterling didn't want black people at his games. Dungy doesn't want gay people on his team. There's not much of a difference.

He can use the "media circus, distractions" excuse all he wants. He's just another religious man who doesn't like gay people. Dungy almost signed Mike Vick & his media circus after he got out of prison. He had no problem with the media circus that would've came with signing a dog torturing POS, but sign a gay man? No, we just can't deal with all the media attention and distractions.

Horse sh*t.

Whose the bigot now?

Fact is that Sam wants the attention and it will be a distraction from football.  The episode on draft day, the talk about doing a show with oprah (yes, he eventually declined) .... too many indications that Sam is more interested in being a poster child than a football player.

Regardless of his preference in partners, most teams / coaches / fans don't care to have that as the centerpiece of their PR.  It's football, lets focus on the game.

Archived