• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lookin at our Schedule if we can even crack 10 wins this is a super bowl lock

malik

Losing Ginn and Mitchell are huge. Many may not remember but I wont forget that one forced fumble Mitchell had during the Rams game that shifted all the momentum to us. Our schedule is hell this year as well. At Baltimore, at Green Bay, not to mention our tough division. Im seeing a 7-8 wins max. I hate to be the downer here but just too many factors at play. Cam still being fresh off ankle surgery and not being as big in the running game, the loss of a good return game in Ginn, the loss of Mitchell, brand new WR corps with very little chemistry with Cam.

Because of our stout D, I see 7-8 wins, if not for our D, I would put us in the 5 win range. The wild card is Benjamin, if our D stays healthy and Benjamin and Cam can turn into Dalton/Green 2.0 and our D remains top 5, then sure, 10 or so wins very doable.

look everyone... CharlottePanther is back... yaaaaaaay

I'm not buying into the Bucs, Saints, and Falcons being all world all of a sudden like all the taking heads are predicting. I'm going to have to see it before I believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't buy the Falcons being any good, still weak lines on both sides of the ball, they are very beatable.

I don't buy the Saints progressing as much as their predicted, there is now more of a book on the Rob Ryan defense, let me see if they maintain this level of play.  They'll be good, but not unstoppable.  Also, I think this is where Brees will finally start to show some of his age, he will have a decline at some point and 35-36 is where the decline really starts.

The Bucs are the team I do have some fear of.  They now have a competent coach and great pieces around the team.  If Josh McCown is decent, they will be pretty good.

All this said, I like the way the panthers line up a lot, Barring injury, I think we can win the division again.  I think defensively we'll be as good if not better with another year under our belt.  I think Cason/White/Godfrey/Benwikere is as good as Florence/White/Midget.  As a safety, I think Mitchell is good, but he was also aided alot by the dominance imposed by our front 7.  Thomas Decoud, Robert Lester, and (ugh...) Roman Harper will be serviceable.  On offense, we can only go up.  I'm not the kind of person that thinks you get better by doing the same thing, and this applies here.  Our receiving options were bad, and we have a new crop to try out, and I think they will be an improvement over last years crop.  O-line is the biggest concern on the entire team.  They will be the difference in the success of the team, but then again, the script on Seattle last year was "Strong defense, weak receiving options, bad O-line" and we know how that story played out.

yo! This is my kind of thinking! These two were thought of as scrubs before last season

I thought they were high talent players who may have been a bit over-drafted that just needed the right opportunity. I read a lot of the same sentiments. People were more optimistic about them than is being portrayed here, imo.

At the very least, we knew Ginn would be a huge upgrade on returns.

It may be the homer in me but I look at the schedule and see 10-6 or better with a little luck. The only teams that really worry me are the lions(new coach, and should have a very good offense), the saints(I think we split again), and the seahawks(it's finally time to beat them).

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So you can predict at this point that no other people will step up and do what ginn and Mitchell did?

Ok. I wanted both to stay here but I'm not an idiot

Hello Mr. Logic and how are you today?  Thanks for coming out.  No really, thanks for showing up,  Ginn is getting beat out in Arizona for the 3 and I have only heard Mitchell's name on here.  Alas all we did was sign two pro-bowl safeties to try and ease the loss of Mitchell.  Then turned around and signed a ten touchdown producing WR to make up for the loss of Ginn.  Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

"You have to play us.."

Good Mike Mitchell quote. That was a great, emotionally charged post game interview. I was very disappointed that we did not retain him.

Those are the exact type of players I want representing our franchise. Unfortunately, the business side ruined it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived