• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lookin at our Schedule if we can even crack 10 wins this is a super bowl lock

malik

Looking at the schedule past the first 3 weeks is an exercise in futility. Last year Pete Prisco went through our 16 game schedule on the Mac Attack and said "no", "no, "no", and on and on. 

The Giants pass rush was supposed to destroy our patchwork offensive line. We ran the ball for over 200 yards and Cam had like 4 touchdowns. The other side is too much optimism. Remember when JR lit up the locker room for losing to the Falcons? They went to the Super Bowl. We embarrassed ourselves.

Losing Ginn and Mitchell are huge. Many may not remember but I wont forget that one forced fumble Mitchell had during the Rams game that shifted all the momentum to us. Our schedule is hell this year as well. At Baltimore, at Green Bay, not to mention our tough division. Im seeing a 7-8 wins max. I hate to be the downer here but just too many factors at play. Cam still being fresh off ankle surgery and not being as big in the running game, the loss of a good return game in Ginn, the loss of Mitchell, brand new WR corps with very little chemistry with Cam.

Because of our stout D, I see 7-8 wins, if not for our D, I would put us in the 5 win range. The wild card is Benjamin, if our D stays healthy and Benjamin and Cam can turn into Dalton/Green 2.0 and our D remains top 5, then sure, 10 or so wins very doable.

Sigh...

When will people finally realize that preseason strength of schedule rankings mean NOTHING?  Historically, there's usually a 50% turnover among NFL playoff teams year to year.  There are always a few surprisingly bad teams and a few surprisingly good teams.  Virtually no one picked us to win the NFCS last year and have a 12-4 record.  Literally no one thought that the Texans would've gone on to score the #1 overall pick after most people picked them to win their division.

We may end up having a really tough schedule, but then again, we may end up having a surprisingly easy schedule.  No way of knowing.

Losing Ginn and Mitchell are huge. Many may not remember but I wont forget that one forced fumble Mitchell had during the Rams game that shifted all the momentum to us. Our schedule is hell this year as well. At Baltimore, at Green Bay, not to mention our tough division. Im seeing a 7-8 wins max. I hate to be the downer here but just too many factors at play. Cam still being fresh off ankle surgery and not being as big in the running game, the loss of a good return game in Ginn, the loss of Mitchell, brand new WR corps with very little chemistry with Cam.

Because of our stout D, I see 7-8 wins, if not for our D, I would put us in the 5 win range. The wild card is Benjamin, if our D stays healthy and Benjamin and Cam can turn into Dalton/Green 2.0 and our D remains top 5, then sure, 10 or so wins very doable.

So you can predict at this point that no other people will step up and do what ginn and Mitchell did?

Ok. I wanted both to stay here but I'm not an idiot

Archived