• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 Tight End Sets

Seltzer

Haven't really seen the Panthers run it at all in the Preseason. Based on what Shula has previously said about the offense and given the fact the TE's are inevitably going to have to give some blocking help with this O-Line, it seems to me they are definitely holding back their 2 tight end looks until the regular season.

The tight end group is definitely our deepest group on offense. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we lined up with 2 tight ends, KB out wide, and Brokel / Tolbert in the backfield with the RB on some plays.

The coaching staff is going to commit to the running game one way or the other. Don't really see the offense being explosive but hopefully it can be effective.

I do think if they're going to put the best offensive players out there it will be 2 TE's a lot of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I think two TE sets might be our bread and butter, and as much as I think Dickson can be ok for us, our offense has a fever and the only prescription is more Swole Bones.

Speaking of, did anyone else burst out with joy at the end of this play? That kid has so much potential. fug those pundits touting Vincent Jackson and Evans in Tampa. Put number 88, 13, and 86 on the field at the same time and see what happens.

Why not use Brandon Williams at WR opposite Kelvin Benjamin?

Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Williams, and Greg Olsen on the field at all times. Then mix in any combo of Ed Dickson, DC Jefferson, Brenton Bersin, and DeAngelo Williams.

Imagine a 3 WR - 2 TE set with Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, and Brandon Williams out wide with Ed Dickson and DC Jefferson stacked on one side at TE.

That would be a match-up nightmare.

Why not use Brandon Williams at WR opposite Kelvin Benjamin?

Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Williams, and Greg Olsen on the field at all times. Then mix in any combo of Ed Dickson, DC Jefferson, Brenton Bersin, and DeAngelo Williams.

Imagine a 3 WR - 2 TE set with Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, and Brandon Williams out wide with Ed Dickson and DC Jefferson stacked on one side at TE.

That would be a match-up nightmare.

Just never have Cotch or Avant on the field? lol

I honestly expect to see a heavy dose of two TE sets in the regular season. The only downside to it is that it takes Tolbert off the field. If we have two TEs and Tolbert as a single back, we are going to see a lot of stacked boxes because we don't have any speed on the field.

I honestly expect to see a heavy dose of two TE sets in the regular season. The only downside to it is that it takes Tolbert off the field. If we have two TEs and Tolbert as a single back, we are going to see a lot of stacked boxes because we don't have any speed on the field.

This. The Panthers ran a lot of 2 tight end sets in 2008 and 2011 but they had Smitty still able to keep the 8th guy out of the box bc of his speed. I don't think the Panthers receiving options (including TE's) are awful, but the group is one of and maybe the slowest overall group in the NFL right now.

I still think running 2 tight ends will present matchup problems and help the O-Line, but it is hard to see this offense being explosive.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'm more interested to hear how 2 TE sets shouldn't be a staple in this offense......  

I swear to fuging jesus crust, Shula better be smart enough to start figuring out how to use his personnel to his advantage or else this season is fuged..  simple and plain.

Archived