• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, School starts tomorros

Mark S

How is grad school different from undergrad? More reading/writing?

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It's a fundamental change in focus. Rather than being a passive receptor of knowledge you are a creator of it... and to help create knowledge you need an extensive foundation in material, which means reading and referencing vast amounts of material and being able to synthesize it

undergrad was a walk in the friggin park by comparison

How is grad school different from undergrad? More reading/writing?

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Graduate Courses and Undergraduate Courses are VERY different.

Undergrad courses are primarily focused on the theory of a subject....learning the basics.

Grad courses are more focused on the real life application of those topics and theory.

I really enjoyed grad school classes more.

Graduate Courses and Undergraduate Courses are VERY different.

Undergrad courses are primarily focused on the theory of a subject....learning the basics.

Grad courses are more focused on the real life application of those topics and theory.

I really enjoyed grad school classes more.

that depends heavily on what it is you're studying

Don't let the lamentations from the people still in grad schools get to you...your program will bend over backwards to get you through since they worship the holy matriculation rate.  Like many things, this is both good and bad.  I'm thinking of getting an MBA next, seems to be one of the few left to go after and work pays for it.  What the hell.

Archived