• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

kalil on carolina's biggest flaw so far...

nosuchthingasapanther

Yes, even if both stay relatively healthy (which I guess I'll arbitrarily define as both playing in at least 12 games), I still think DeAngelo puts up the better stats. I just think he's underrated and a better back than a post-injury Stewart is. I would love for Stew to prove me wrong and regain his pre-injury form, but until I see it with my eyes, I'm going to be skeptical.

What makes you think 28 isn't in form? He looks as beastly as ever. Seems like people are evaluating stat sheets and ignoring the eye test

Wait until he gets some holes....dude looks good.

What makes you think 28 isn't in form? He looks as beastly as ever. Seems like people are evaluating stat sheets and ignoring the eye test

Seems to me like some people just see what they want to see and ignore the actual outcome. Stew has had some good runs. DeAngelo has looked better overall. Basically a complete flip-flop from what we saw in the preseason.

I agree that his stat line from the Lions game is not indicative of his play - the run blocking was atrocious.

I just thought in the Bucs game, Williams looked more fresh and more elusive than Stewart did. Like I said, I'm hoping this is more Stewart trying to get his sea legs under him after having not played extensively for the past two seasons. At the end of the day, they are both Panthers and I would love nothing more than for them to regain the form they both exhibited from 2009-2011. 

How come when Stewy gets popped in the backfield and barely gets anything, he is a beast. But DWill gets popped in the backfield and barely gets anything, he is inferior? LOL

Um, wait until DWill gets some holes...dude will look good.

At least you are consistent. And damm popular opinion. You stick to your guns. Stewy is more of a power runner, but he still needs help to get going. DWill is shiftier, and needs help to get going.

So far this year. DWill is more effective. That is the ultimate eye test.

Dude, you are at least consistent.

I think Kalil put it very well. It wasn't just a case of getting beat by a better player. In many cases there were just plain blown assignments. Pittsburgh will present a different challenge. They run a 3-4 defense. This puts a ton of pressure on the tackle position. Amini and Trai both lack experience against 3-4 defenses and they will have to be in the correct places.

How come when Stewy gets popped in the backfield and barely gets anything, he is a beast. But DWill gets popped in the backfield and barely gets anything, he is inferior? LOL

Um, wait until DWill gets some holes...dude will look good.

At least you are consistent. And damm popular opinion. You stick to your guns. Stewy is more of a power runner, but he still needs help to get going. DWill is shiftier, and needs help to get going.

So far this year. DWill is more effective. That is the ultimate eye test.

Dude, you are at least consistent.

See the thread where Stewart is on pace to break Marshawn Lynch's broke tackle number from last year by 50.

Stewart is in beast mode form. That has been clear since preseason.

Just give it a few games....he will eventually see some room to get a head of steam going. If 28 is healthy he is the better RB. He is suppose to be....not sure why some DWill homers take that as an insult to Williams

28's running week 2 was more impressive than 34's week 1. Eye test. Stewart can do what Williams do on those runs with those lanes.....34 can't so what 28 did

it was just a bad game plan for the running game. too many delayed runs up the middle at their best player. should have forced those DTs to run sideline to sideline then wham the poo out of them when they're gassed and rotating

See the thread where Stewart is on pace to break Marshawn Lynch's broke tackle number from last year by 50.

Stewart is in beast mode form. That has been clear since preseason.

Just give it a few games....he will eventually see some room to get a head of steam going. If 28 is healthy he is the better RB. He is suppose to be....not sure why some DWill homers take that as an insult to Williams

28's running week 2 was more impressive than 34's week 1. Eye test. Stewart can do what Williams do on those runs with those lanes.....34 can't so what 28 did

CRA I think you make excellent points most of the time but I have to admit you seem to be reaching a bit in this particular thread. I agree that Stewart is the better back, but he didn't show anything in week 2 that eclipsed Deangelo's week 1. Both backs played in week 1. Deangelo statistics and choices were just better in week #1 . He took small openings and ran angry with burst through the holes. Deangelo's run style in week #1 looked a lot like Fozzy in preseason. Stewart just couldn't get going. You really can't say what Williams would have done against Detroit because he didn't play. I don't know and neither does anyone else. We can only compare the statistics we have, which show D-Will is off to a better start. Time will tell who has the better season. My guess is Stewart as well though.

CRA I think you make excellent points most of the time but I have to admit you seem to be reaching a bit in this particular thread. I agree that Stewart is the better back, but he didn't show anything in week 2 that eclipsed Deangelo's week 1. Both backs played in week 1. Deangelo statistics and choices were just better in week #1 . He took small openings and ran angry with burst through the holes. Deangelo's run style in week #1 looked a lot like Fozzy in preseason. Stewart just couldn't get going. You really can't say what Williams would have done against Detroit because he didn't play. I don't know and neither does anyone else. We can only compare the statistics we have, which show D-Will is off to a better start. Time will tell who has the better season. My guess is Stewart as well though.

I can say Williams wouldn't of shed 645 tackles against Det...he isn't that type RB

Gotta look at the situations they have been.....28 has been more impressive despite 34 having better stats. That isn't a DWill bash. Everyone just blindly blurts out oh my gosh he is hating in DWill. I'm not. Said in countless threads Williams had a good week 1. What Stewart did for lesser yards in week 2 was just more impressive. When have you seen 34 do that?

Archived