• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula "We cant expect to win many games running the ball 10 times"

Mark S

See, this is where the Shula hate just distorts reality.

I don't hate the guy. His offense works great when it's matched with the right players and when the defense holds serve, just like most OC's i guess. I have just never really seen anything to show that he can change what he does to suit adversity, which is gonna have to happen if they want to make any noise this year.

I don't hate the guy. His offense works great when it's matched with the right players and when the defense holds serve, just like most OC's i guess. I have just never really seen anything to show that he can change what he does to suit adversity, which is gonna have to happen if they want to make any noise this year.

Most coaches are what they are. Most fanbases eventually moan about it too.

It'll be interesting to see our offense on Sunday. I'm rewatching the game and I see how highly they spoke of Philly in the passing game. I wonder when Jericho come back, will he disappear? We did a decent job moving spreading them out and Cam passing it moving it down-field. Penalties, sacks, and bad stuffed runs messed up our drives. The more options, the better

i have no problem passing the ball if it's helping set up the run. passing should be this offense's strength.

Don't apply logic to this

First drive Sunday night, Newton throwing lasers TD looks certain, and then. Run up the middle and a field goal

Total buzz kill every where except the Steelers sideline

You just can't make this stuff up

The guy has zero feeling for what is on the field.

Don't apply logic to this

First drive Sunday night, Newton throwing lasers TD looks certain, and then. Run up the middle and a field goal

Total buzz kill every where except the Steelers sideline

You just can't make this stuff up

The guy has zero feeling for what is on the field.

Don't you think it is a bit misleading to leave out the fact Newton got popped on his ribs and limped to the line and then called a time out. Then limped to the sideline.

THEN they called the run.

Then send in Anderson for a series vs blowing a scoring opportunity

I'll say it one more time, IMHO, I love Cam Newton but if every thing that's done is about his ribs, it is not right for the team and he needs to sit down

So they should sit Newton bc Shua called one run?

If DA was in there for that drive he would have needed to call a run too eventually.....bc eventually Pitt was going to to just pressure and play the pass only. Newton got lit up on a short pass attempt. Gotta run to keep a defense honest even if you suck at it.

What is being done exactly? Only thing the ribs are limiting is him running. Most QBs don't do that anyway. I fail to see how that handicaps us vs using a backup

Archived