• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will you/ do you let your kid play football?

Brooklyn Bully

Absolutely, as football taught me a lot about myself. I love football and cherish the memories of my years spent playing, but won't push them into it either.

Apples and oranges. Nice try though.

Not really... risk vs. reward.

I coach my best friend's kids in flag football. 

If the youngest one were to go out for regular football, he'd have coaches salivating, but his mom's not up for it.  Shame.  He'd be incredible.

My girlfriend's son doesn't even play Madden (hardcore gamer) :(

Absolutely, as football taught me a lot about myself. I love football and cherish the memories of my years spent playing, but won't push them into it either.

Not really... risk vs. reward.

No, my point is that with better padding and equipment, players are really starting to lay the wood in this era. Unlike in the leather helmet days. Now we have ALL this concussion crap going around, brain damage, the NFL enforcing new rules, and kids dying, etc. The game can really take a toll on the body.

As a driver you can be totally fine unless you drive like a fool or get hit. There is no wear and tear on your body. In football, sans the kicker and QB, there is.

Sure, your kid will probably be ok. But why chance it? I wouldn't let him box or practice MMA either.  

Yeah, baseball actually is an interesting one with pitchers. I think when they're young, they need to take a "Greg Maddux" approach. Learn to hit the corners, and spots. Learn how to read a batter. Don't just go up there and flame it. So many guys are getting tommy john surgery. Kerry Wood and Mark prior could've been great. I'm shocked Nolan Ryan made it. I know Little League has certain pitch count rules, and I think they aren't allowed to throw certain pitches until a certain age. But football? Nothing for the most part. Why? "They have pads on". 

No, my point is that with better padding and equipment, players are really starting to lay the wood in this era. Unlike in the leather helmet days. Now we have ALL this concussion crap going around, brain damage, the NFL enforcing new rules, and kids dying, etc. The game can really take a toll on the body.

As a driver you can be totally fine unless you drive like a fool or get hit. There is no wear and tear on your body. In football, sans the kicker and QB, there is.

Sure, your kid will probably be ok. But why chance it? I wouldn't let him box or practice MMA either.  

You are talking about 1 thing, the safety of your kid.

Driving is far more dangerous, especially for a 16 year old boy.  I'm not trying to compare the two, but if I'm so scared for my child's safety that I won't let him play football, I would transfer that same fear to driving.

The answer stands for me, if he want's to, he will.

Do the right thing people, let your child choose. I always wanted to play organized football but my Dad would always refuse. He never really liked stick and ball sports so he just didn't get it, he claimed I'd end up blowing out one of my knees and being gimped up for life. I've had a love affair with the sport since like 3rd grade and I really feel like I missed out on something by  not being able to actually play. 

Is this a serious question?

If your kid wants to play football let them play!

My parents didn't decide for me so I want decide for my kid because it's not my choice.

I can't believe their are parents out there that want let their kids play sports.

And we wonder why kids grow up to become psychopath's, because their parents want let them enjoy their life.

C'mon parents!

Archived