• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You are Gettleman: knowing what you know now do you sign hardy to a big ass deal?

Hardy  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Pay him?

• Pay the man
    • Let him walk after the season

I certainly did. But no one was taking a risk by paying me 13 million a year.

If you were at the top of a field that regularly paid guys like that. The risk would have been taking.

And let's not act like if he was released today he wouldn't get at least 10 - 15 calls and offers in 5 mins. I know for sure there are teams in Atlanta and Tampa who would run to the phone and call his agent.

If you were at the top of a field that regularly paid guys like that. The risk would have been taking.

And let's not act like if he was released today he wouldn't get at least 10 - 15 calls and offers in 5 mins. I know for sure there are teams in Atlanta and Tampa who would run to the phone and call his agent.

Maybe he would, .  But that doesn't mean we should sign him, or that they wouldn't regret if if they did sign him.  That being said, a lot probably depends on how he comports himself in the aftermath of the event.  If he appears to have learned his lesson, he might get another shot.  But another incident, and he is likely gone. 

Another thing to look at.  If we don't pay him 13 million, then we might be able to shore up some other positions on the field.  So its not just looking at him, but at what we can do with the money we save versus signing a player who has had some issues. 

Assuming he's found innocent, and I'd say that's the most likely outcome, then it's been made more obvious than ever that we need him.  Do we break the bank and make it impossible to resign Cam and Luke?  No.  But Greg is the next most critical player on this team behind them. 

Maybe he would, . But that doesn't mean we should sign him, or that they wouldn't regret if if they did sign him. That being said, a lot probably depends on how he comports himself in the aftermath of the event. If he appears to have learned his lesson, he might get another shot. But another incident, and he is likely gone.

But it does mean he is worth the risk to somebody.

Why not the team that drafted him and developed him??

It's obvious that after Cam and Luke. Hardy is the most important player in the success of this team.

I find it hypocritical that some people on here act like choosing the wrong people to hang with (girlfriend, friends or family) is such a isolated thing. We've all at one point in our life (if we're being honest) make bad decisions on who we choose to hang around with.

If we're being honest every man who dated more then a few women. Has a person they regret knowing.

You're basically calling me a hypocrite based on false assumptions about me.

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Now to set the record straight. I do not, nor have I ever, dated or associated with anyone hooked on coke, or any type of drug. So I am not a hypocrite.

Which if people are honest and not trying to play the "moral authority" on the internet happens to a lot of good and bad people.

Add in the fact he's young and rich (which makes you a target) and you can have some level of understanding.

It's not about right or wrong. It's not about second chances. It's about dollars and cents. 

I would be glad to have Hardy back on this team. But it needs to be pay as you go. The Panthers cannot risk over 10m in cap space on a guy that just burned them for 13. 

You're basically calling me a hypocrite based on false assumptions about me.

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Now to set the record straight. I do not, nor have I ever, dated or associated with anyone hooked on coke, or any type of drug. So I am not a hypocrite.

So is being a drug head the only trait bad about people??

Is there any other reasons you can regret about a person you associate with??

Also as a devout Christian not being perfect and giving forgiveness is a big part of the experience right??

It's not about right or wrong. It's not about second chances. It's about dollars and cents.

I would be glad to have Hardy back on this team. But it needs to be pay as you go. The Panthers cannot risk over 10m in cap space on a guy that just burned them for 13.

If another team values his services at a certain price. The team who is finding now what his loss means to them. Should be close in reason to that value.

Top 5 defense going to bottom 20 defense.

Giving up more TD in 4 games then we did in 10 last season.

A major drop in every defensive category the league keeps.

We should be able to match his value any other team has in reason.

His value to us is just as much to any team. And we are finding that out now.

I'd release Johnson, draft another DT, give Hardy an extension, rotate Ealy and Addison and implore Rivera to start Short.

Next season as a regular cut, CJ saves the team 5.4m with a dead cap of 14 million. As a June 1st he saves the team 10m with a 10m cap hit. Much more likely he gets an extension then cut.

So is being a drug head the only trait bad about people??

Is there any other reasons you can regret about a person you associate with??

Also as a devout Christian not being perfect and giving forgiveness is a big part of the experience right??

Ok you've gone off on a tangent, but I'll answer these questions seriously.

Every person on Earth has at least a few bad traits. For instance, I procrastinate sometimes.

I regret being friends with a guy who talked trash about me behind my back. I'm sure there have been a few people in my life who had one bad trait or another that eventually caused me to cut them out of my life.

Some Christians are very forgiving, and others don't forgive at all. I've known all kinds of Christians.

Ok now what is the point?

Ok you've gone off on a tangent, but I'll answer these questions seriously.

Every person on Earth has at least a few bad traits. For instance, I procrastinate sometimes.

I regret being friends with a guy who talked trash about me behind my back. I'm sure there have been a few people in my life who had one bad trait or another that eventually caused me to cut them out of my life.

Some Christians are very forgiving, and others don't forgive at all. I've known all kinds of Christians.

Ok now what is the point?

Point is i'm not perfect. I believe there was only 1 person who was in the history of the world and he died on the cross because I'm not perfect.

I refuse to sit here and act like I've never made a bad choice in who I associated with. Whether it was external or internal reason i've hung with people not good for me and I still do.

I can't judge him for something I do and have done.

That is my point.

Archived