• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Zone Stats

Johnny Rockets

So I was looking through some individual red zone stats and came across a few semi-interesting things:

- D Reavis leads all RB's in red zone touches (9)

- K Benjamin has more red zone targets (10) than all other WR's combined (8). 

- J Cotchery was targeted 22 times in the red zone with Pittsburgh last year but has only 1 RZ  target so far this year.

- Greg Olsen has 9 red zone targets this year but none in the last 3 games. 

- Ed Dickson has not been targeted in the red zone. 

- 6 different RB's have had more than 1 red zone touch this year. 

One of the biggest things about Shula that bothers me, is we have a huge 6'6 260 pound QB who might be the best short yardage back in the NFL, yet we have rarely used him in these goal line situations.

So much for the "Cam only has rushing TDS because he takes short yardage carries away from RBs" crowd. Getting those 1 or 2 yards when defense knows it is coming us really hard in the NFL

I get we don't want a franchise QB taking unnecessary hits, but in key 3rd and short and goal line situations use this beast to your advantage.

Where are the QB draws with a lead blocker that worked so well in the past from around the 5-10 yard line? Or the QB powers at the goal line? Or read option at the 10+ yard line?

It would be one thing if the alternative was working but it is not.

Archived