• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets vs Blazers Game Thread

TheMaulClaw

Another inefficient night from Al and Kemba.

Also, how does our center play 35 minutes and only have 2 rebounds? Our SG is our leading rebounder, smh.

The roster has always been flawed, but Clifford was able to push the right buttons last season to get the team to play well.

Long story short he is not doing that this season.

It's almost like the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page. Why is MKG not playing late? Why is the only offensive game plan to get it to Al and hope he does something? What is his fascination with Jason Maxiell?

I hope we get some answers. Blowing leads like this was acceptable because of youth and lack of talent years ago, but that excuse doesn't fly anymore.

This looks like something that will get worse before it gets better.

Whats Al's FG% in the 4th the last 2 games? Seems like hes missed more shots in the 4th than weve made as a team.

Not to mention the piss poor late game rebounding.

Too big and tired maybe. Seems like against Portland we could have went zeller Williams and still matched up defensively to give al some rest

Too big and tired maybe. Seems like against Portland we could have went zeller Williams and still matched up defensively to give al some rest

Need to do something. Missing shots following it up by not rebounding on either side is a sure fire way to let the other team take over the game.

It was the same exact thing against the Lakers.

Our offense needs a lot of work. If Kemba is going to be the quick driving point guard. He needs guys that can get open for him and kick it out. I see guys looking around for someone else to make the play. We need ball movement, we need off ball movement. We need PJ in the game. The Blazers played consistent offense all night. The Hornets got a lead and stopped playing offense. PJ Hairston 1.5 minutes in the 4th quarter. Our offense is better with him on the court.

It is a game of runs. I expected Portland to get back in the game. They shoot the ball well and came out cold. Eventually those threes were going to go down

West coast road trips are difficult. I hate to see this one slip away, but thought we played well overall. Portland was beating people by 17 points a game at home. They are a better overall team.

MKG can't play if other team doesn't have to guard him. They played a lot of zone whenever he was in the game

PJ hurt us on defense in the 3rd quarter.

Got to rebound. Cody was getting pushed under the basket a lot in 4th.

This early schedule sucks balls

We will get a rematch with them in two weeks. I don't think the a trailblazers are looking forward to playing us again.

seriously?  we're not hard to beat right now.  play good D on Al and we'll throw up a ton of bricks, then on D guys like Al and Kemba will get scorched while our best player who thrives at defense and rebounding won't even play in the second half.

It is a game of runs. I expected Portland to get back in the game. They shoot the ball well and came out cold. Eventually those threes were going to go down

West coast road trips are difficult. I hate to see this one slip away, but thought we played well overall. Portland was beating people by 17 points a game at home. They are a better overall team.

MKG can't play if other team doesn't have to guard him. They played a lot of zone whenever he was in the game

PJ hurt us on defense in the 3rd quarter.

Got to rebound. Cody was getting pushed under the basket a lot in 4th.

This early schedule sucks balls

I like your analysis teeray. TBH I know a lot more about basketball than any other sport and I think we just don't move the ball around enough on offense. We have a solid team, a top 4 team in the east but we don't play as a team enough on offense. We need to pass the ball more on offense to get open shots and we will be pretty hard to beat. Too much ISO going into Al in the post. He gets tired/cramps up by the end of the game. We need to keep feeding him but we also need to move the ball around more.

To all the people talking poo about the refs, I saw a lot of 5 second calls that weren't made against Al tonight. He pretty much sat in the lane on D for 7 or 8 seconds at a time.

This is just another bump in the road. We are still learning how to play together. I really like our squad as the year progresses. We definitely have the talent to win.

I do have a question i'll post here instead of in the Golden State thread. Does anyone know when Stephen Curry can opt out of his contract and come to Charlotte? Also, who are we planning to replace with him? Can he and Kemba be on the same team? Or are we planning on taking Curry at the 2 position? I just don't really see how we plan to make it work with him on the team...

Archived