• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What coaches do you want retained?

Ruff

You don't retain old postion coaches.

New coach brings in his staff.

Unless we want to make the job completely undesirable. A good HC walks into the interview and Dave says we will hire you but these will have to be your coaches....a good HC candidate would just walk away

Sam Mills II says hi.

Unless you're the Steelers.

(Tomlin reportedly didn't want Dick LeBeau)

Redskins too. Jim Haslett has been their DC since 2010 and was retained when Gruden became head coach. Other than LeBeau and Haslett, the only DCs that have been with their team longer than 2012 are:

49ers DC Vic Fangio 2011

Panthers DC Sean McDermott 2011

Giants DC Perry Fewell 2010

Packers DC Dom Capers 2009

on offense, the only OCs that have been with their team longer than 2012 are:

49ers OC Greg Roman 2011

Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell 2011

Saints OC Pete Carmichael, Jr. 2009

I still believe in McDermott.

I don't. I think the only reason why our defense was so good last year was because of our front four and schedule probably helped as well. McDermott is an average defensive coordinator in my opinion.

Last night anyone notice how we had Charles Johnson lines up on Jordan Mathews? It ended up being a TD. That in my opinion goes on McDermott.

You don't retain old postion coaches.

New coach brings in his staff.

Sam Mills III was unqiue. Ron took a lesser job.

There are always odd examples that counter most things. Overall, new coaches hire their own staff. They might want to interview some to keep....it isn't common

it's actually common to see at least one old position coach being retained under the new head coach, and it makes good sense to do so. Here is a partial list of current position coaches that have been with their teams longer than the current head coach:

Dolphins TE coach Dan Campbell 2010

Dolphins ST coach Darren Rizzi 2010

Dolphins DL coach Kacy Rodgers 2008

Jets OL coach Mike Devlin 2006

Steelers TE coach James Daniel 2004

Steelers LB coach Keith Butler 2003

Steelers DL coach John Mitchell 1994

Texans DL coach Bill Kollar 2009

Texans ST coach Bob Ligashesky 2013

Colts QB coach Clyde Christensen 2001

Colts RB coach David Walker 2011

Jaguars WR coach Jerry Sullivan 2012

Titans RB coach Sylvester Croom 2013

Titans WR coach Shawn Jefferson 2013

Titans ST coach Steve Hoffman 2013

Broncos RB coach Eric Studesville 2010

Broncos TE coach Clancy Barone 2009

Chiefs LB coach Gary Gibbs 2009

Chiefs DB coach Emmitt Thomas 2010

Raiders RB coach Kelly Skipper 2009

Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson 2007

Eagles RB coach Duce Staley 2011

Eagles TE coach Ted Williams 1995

Redskins OL coach Chris Foerster 2010

Redskins DL coach Jacob Burney 2010

Redskins DB coach Raheem Morris 2012

Bears DB coach Jon Hoke 2009

Lions DL coach Kris Kocurek 2009

Lions RB coach Curtis Modkins 2013

Lions ST coach John Bonamego 2013

Packers WR coach Edgar Bennett 2005

Packers OL coach James Campen 2004

Vikings OL coach Jeff Davidson 2011

Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens 2007

49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula 2007

49ers RB coach Tom Rathman 2009

49ers OL coach Mike Solari 2010

Patriots OL coach Dante Scarnecchia who retired last year at 66 was with the Patriots staff before Belichick and Belichick retained him

You want to keep Ron? Lol

I would keep him and see how things shake out.  I understand what everyone is saying and I'm not saying he is the best out there.  I believe he has potential.  I certainly would love to see us contending for the top spot at this time but I think we would still be having troubles no matter who the head coach was.

I would keep him and see how things shake out.  I understand what everyone is saying and I'm not saying he is the best out there.  I believe he has potential.  I certainly would love to see us contending for the top spot at this time but I think we would still be having troubles no matter who the head coach was.

You are truly delusional and misbegotten my friend. :cool:

If we are going to keep anyone.   Then you might as well keep Rivera because most everyone else will be gone if a new head coach comes in.  They might want to retain a few but it will be there decision.

Coaches I like?  Proehl and the entire defensive staff.  I don't think our issues on defense is the scheme.   You have to have the right players for it.  Right now we don't. 

I think there might be all out mutiny if Shula is retained.   I know he has the same issue as the defense but I don't think we would be much more potent if we had a decent line.  I have said this before and I'll say it again.  Shula was retained because of the Playbook and he already had knowledge of Cam but to this day I do not think he has ever exploited Cam's abilities.   He doesn't do anything special to make teams honor us.

You are truly delusional and misbegotten my friend. :cool:

You maybe right on that part.  It's fun thinking about the what if's.  Would'nt it be great if we all got paid Gettleman's salary just for trying to figure out what's wrong and what to do to fix it.  Going to be interesting watching this play it's self out this year.

Archived