• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Free Agent Signing

Paintballr

Looking at the players and contracts from the FA, sure we could've spent a little more in some areas but I feel Dave is setting us up for quite the room to spend this next offseason and especially the following.  Smitty will be the only significant non-Panther with dead money effecting us after this year at like 4 million.  That's it and the next closest is well under 1 mill.  

We had $20 mil+ in dead money this season.  That's why I give him a pass this year.  Not many teams have to deal with that much crap.  

That's what he had to work with so I don't blame him for sitting through this past FA period and doing next to none guaranteed multi-year deals.  Not to mention the league cap goes up next year and not even counting potentially cutting D'lo or CJ, we could be looking at over $22 million in cap space.   The WR crop was crap and the OT crop was average and being overpaid.  There were some decent mid-tier OTs we could've had at RT though and I hated our secondary signings (That could've been much better).  He's working us toward having room to spare, not trying to spend until we have almost no room.  

That being said, his dumpster diving abilities looked worse this year and I still think DG should be under a microscope this coming offseason into next year.  This revolves around the impending Rivera decision, more cap to work with, and building around Cam.    

cam'

Big news guys' I just got back from traveling back to March 2014 and I was able to do the things you asked. I talked Gross out of retirement for 6m.  I was able to match munnerlyn's and Mitchell's deals but now we're stuck with those turds for 3 and 5 yrs.  I kept smith so we get to pay him 7 mil this year.  We can cut him next year if we want and it will only cost us 6 mil more. I re-signed Ginn and lafell so we get to pay them 3 more yrs.  I stuck around and drafted the same guys so we are set.  Only problem, the bill came to 132m including the dead money so I couldn't get hardy too.  But that's OK because he probably won't play anyway.

So we have no pass rush.  Our crap secondary is exposed.  We have several inflated long-term contracts and no money to carry over for cam's next contract.  Our left tackle will be gone nextyear and we need to pay our 37 year-old wr 10 mil.  But at least we might win 6 games.

Your welcome.

Archived