• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like we landed at least 4 starting caliber players from the 2014 draft class

R0CKnR0LLA

Benjamin is going to be a perennial 1000+ yard 10+ TD receiver

Trai Turner and Andrew Norwell are both beasts and are going to lock down our OG spots for years to come. I mean just look at this fuging shtt

zFaPPp6.jpg

Despite some of the horrendous lopsided losses this year I'm very optimistic for the future. We are in MUCH better shape moving forward than any other team in the NFC South. In a couple years I can see our division turning into something like the AFC South or AFC East where we easily lock up the division title every season while the other 3 teams are fighting just to stay out of last place.

They would be fighting FOR last place.

Uh...... no

UDFAs come into the league typically under much different circumstances, with tons of teams lobbying to sign them as soon as the draft is over. They are more like draft picks than typical NFL free agents.

What you described is the samething that happens to some players after they're cut. It's in the name.... Free Agent. Once the draft is done, everyone undrafted is a free agent. Everyone signed afterwards is considered a free agent signing. Not a drafted player since the draft is already over.

I have been really impressed with Tre Boston, think we struck gold with him. Amazingly as a rookie he is one of the most physical guy's on the field at any given time. Yesterday he showed great range in pass coverage even though he mistimed a couple of jump balls he was still in great position. And finally the thing you want to see most from DB's in run support is the ability to flash into the play, yesterday there was a pile up with Mark Ingram not going down easily, Tre Boston flashed into the camera and just obliterated the entire pile, he also made a great open field tackle that would have easily been a 30-40 yard gainer had he not. 

Out of all his picks how many has he missed on? Free a Agents is OK but the draft has damn near been stellar.

I guess it depends on perspective.  Near "stellar" is a stretch for me.  If so, it would seem to me that the draft would have translated to the field by at least being able to nearly hold serve in terms of overall record this year (as compared to last year).

I judge a draft a little differently.  I view it in terms of need as well, in addition to opportunity lost.  I guess one can say that G-man hasn't had many "misses", but he hasn't necessarily hit home runs either---especially when you consider how close that we were, and how far we dropped.

With the cap and all that being screwed up, all of this is difficult to separate and judge, and that's why I think that it's fair to give G-man another couple of years.  But just like I am not going to jump the gun and say he should be fired, I am not going to put his drafts upon a pedestal.  In my opinion, a GM worth his salt should be able to get some starters with the first couple of picks, but it's in those later rounds where drafts are won. 

It generally takes more than a year or two to judge a draft class.  Even still, I don't judge them unto themselves. I weigh them in conjunction with what was done in FA (or perhaps, what will be done in FA), as well as what is done in successive drafts.

DG has given me hope in this franchise for the first time in a very long time.

We needed this, a "football guy", a legit NFL talent guy to come in here and get this ship righted.

He is going to make us into a CONSISTENT NFL team (so long as Cam stays healthy), something that I have longed for.

I guess it depends on perspective. Near "stellar" is a stretch for me. If so, it would seem to me that the draft would have translated to the field by at least being able to nearly hold serve in terms of overall record this year (as compared to last year).

I judge a draft a little differently. I view it in terms of need as well, in addition to opportunity lost. I guess one can say that G-man hasn't had many "misses", but he hasn't necessarily hit home runs either---especially when you consider how close that we were, and how far we dropped.

With the cap and all that being screwed up, all of this is difficult to separate and judge, and that's why I think that it's fair to give G-man another couple of years. But just like I am not going to jump the gun and say he should be fired, I am not going to put his drafts upon a pedestal. In my opinion, a GM worth his salt should be able to get some starters with the first couple of picks, but it's in those later rounds where drafts are won.

It generally takes more than a year or two to judge a draft class. Even still, I don't judge them unto themselves. I weigh them in conjunction with what was done in FA (or perhaps, what will be done in FA), as well as what is done in successive drafts.

I agree in general as you have to wait on evaluating a draft due to players like Ealy who is in a position that generally takes a couple of years. That said. Almost all Gettleman's picks have flashed the ability we drafted them for.

We as fans have the gift of hindsight and can say we should have drafted so in so because he is ballin with this or that team. I believe his philosophy is the best. DO NOT REACH. I think the draft, though it didn't produce an OT, was outstanding. Gettleman got good players and IMO will again in 2015.

Well see and we both agree that Gettleman needs more time to show what he can do without the constraints of Hurney.

"Starting caliber players"? Plenty of guys who suck "start" all around the league.

Are any of those guys "GAME CHANGERS"? We don't know that yet. Benjamin only has elite height, nothing else "elite" based on what we've seen so far. 

Philly Brown ain't no Julio Jones. 

Someone has to "start." I want some game changers at those positions. 

Archived