• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"He's the most athletic Quarterback... Ever"

MichaelNewtonII

Point was, that when you go to the combine, there are incredible athletes, even better than Cam, but their game does not necessarily make them a good pro.

Vick, was a better athlete, and maybe RGIII, but their games, although exciting for awhile, just did not work out.

I am just saying that we don't need to beat our chest about something, that at the end of the day, is not the determining factor in a QB's success

Point was, that when you go to the combine, there are incredible athletes, even better than Cam, but their game does not necessarily make them a good pro.

Vick, was a better athlete, and maybe RGIII, but their games, although exciting for awhile, just did not work out.

I am just saying that we don't need to beat our chest about something, that at the end of the day, is not the determining factor in a QB's success

Thank you for telling me what I shouldn't do oh wise man.

I will continue to cheer cams development on while also loudly proclaiming that he is the most athletic qb of all time. Because he is.

But keep comparing a 4th year qb to a vet like Tom Brady

I actually think Vick and RG3 are both probably more athletic, but 'athletic' doesn't equal 'good quarterback'.

Newton is a better quarterback than those guys, and it's not even close.

I think he's more athletic from a football perspective.

Dives over offensive lineman/defensive lineman for Tds.

Can Truck linebackers/safety's

Is quick/shifty (when healthy)

I think all those things play into athleticism from a football perspective

I think he's more athletic from a football perspective.

Dives over offensive lineman/defensive lineman for Tds.

Can Truck linebackers/safety's

Is quick/shifty (when healthy)

I think all those things play into athleticism from a football perspective

Yeah, I thinks it's Newton's combined size, weight, speed, strength, dexterity and shiftiness that would make him more athletic than either Vick or RG3.

Anyone can be fast/explosive and small. However, to be big and explosive, while having dexterity (along with strengths) is a rare combination, making Cam a prime "most athletic" QB candidate. Just think of a tall Bo Jackson type at QB?

Saying all that: I don't like when media focuses too much on his athleticism either, because Cam's actually a drop back/pocket QB who runs; can run; as opposed to a running, Out Of Pocket QB's, ala Wilson, Kaep and RG3.

The media's been running wild with this stuff lately, carefully trying to group Newton in with RG3 and Kaepernick (though Wilson similar deficiencies, which are camouflaged better on his team, are usually omitted, presumably cause he wins/nice guy image), instead of Luck and other young pocket QB types, who also have some mobility.

Note: I didn't watch the video. However, based on the comments, it appears it maybe that no good Mark Kreigel??

Archived