• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin: We need you bud

TheRumGone

Kelvin had a very rough game but fortunately the rest of the team was lights out.

The playoffs will be a different story. We need big time plays in big time situations. The rook fell flat on his face this game but i'm looking for this dude to make these kinds of plays in prime time.

image.img.png

we need to get him involved early and get his confidence back up. Playoff games are tough and to win them you need players to make big time catches and plays in big time moments. Those drops will be unacceptable and could potentially lose us the game.  Hopefully Cam is in his ear this week of practice. I believe in the guy.

i don't care about his drop rate right now. I care about him making plays that win us games. He is a big time talent. Gotta make big time plays when it matters most.

Ya obviously, I am just making a point that he is still a rookie and will make stupid mistakes just like any other receiver.

Ya obviously, I am just making a point that he is still a rookie and will make stupid mistakes just like any other receiver.

yea, this was more of a playoff type thread instead of the other ones about him. We need the rook to step up and make some huge plays for us if we want to win. Playoffs are just such a different animal. 

yea, this was more of a playoff type thread instead of the other ones about him. We need the rook to step up and make some huge plays for us if we want to win. Playoffs are just such a different animal. 

Agreed. You can't win a superbowl in this league if you don't jump all over every opportunity you get.

We just need to realize he still is a rookie who was drafted late in round 1 who was known to drop these kinds of passes. I hope he works on this but I don't think things will change until he can refine his game more over the offseason.

One can only hope that he brings his game to another level in the playoffs.

I really hope he's not Lafell 2.0. Makes ridiculous catches he has no business hauling in and then drops the routine ones.

Well, for one Lafell has never sniffed a 1,000 yard season and Benjamin has over 1k after just his rookie year.

Lafell and Benjamin shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Gotta figure out a way to get him past the mental hurdles that are causing these drops. He's still very green even for a rookie and has a ton of potential. I'm very confident that he's going to be a very, very good WR for us, but the drops do need to get fixed.

You have to think it's just a lack of focus.

I imagine Proehl will drill into him that he needs to focus on the easy catches as much as the seemingly impossible.

Well, for one Lafell has never sniffed a 1,000 yard season and Benjamin has over 1k after just his rookie year.

Lafell and Benjamin shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

In fairness, LaFell never played on a Steve Smithless team and was targeted 145 times.

Archived