• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the game be broadcasted over the air?

janderson20vt

This year is actually different. ESPN has been lobbying for a playoff game for years and finally the NFL gave them one. This game will be broadcast on ESPN nationally and to the highest bidder locally. That means if you are not within a stones throw of Charlotte or Glendale you could be scrambling for coverage. 

Similar to regular-season MNF games, ESPN’s Wild Card telecast will be simulcast on over the air stations in the primary markets of the participating teams; it will also be available via WatchESPN for fans who subscribe to an affiliated provider.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/04/espn-to-televise-its-first-nfl-playoff-game/

The fact Carolina and Arizona are playing on ESPN is not a coincidence. Arizona's QB situation and Carolina's record made it the ideal game to put on a cable network.

Simply put, it sucks. Paying for cable TV is the most frustrating rip off. I envy people that can get by without it. 

Edit: For what it's worth. My TV guide on ATT uverse is showing the game broadcast locally on Channel 36 (NBC).

This year is actually different. ESPN has been lobbying for a playoff game for years and finally the NFL gave them one. This game will be broadcast on ESPN nationally and to the highest bidder locally. That means if you are not within a stones throw of Charlotte or Glendale you could be scrambling for coverage. 

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/04/espn-to-televise-its-first-nfl-playoff-game/

The fact Carolina and Arizona are playing on ESPN is not a coincidence. Arizona's QB situation and Carolina's record made it the ideal game to put on a cable network.

Simply put, it sucks. Paying for cable TV is the most frustrating rip off. I envy people that can get by without it. 

Edit: For what it's worth. My TV guide on ATT uverse is showing the game broadcast locally on Channel 36 (NBC).

Meh. I live in Greensboro. Reckon I might be watching this through other means. 

Thanks for all the information. Yeah, they live in Indian Trail. Should be good.

Yeah. The uverse guide is all wrong. NBC has the late Saturday game but not listed then and our early game isn't listed on any local station or even ESPN. Hopefully they'll update it one of these nights soon or the recording on my dvr will be titled Sportscenter lol.

Archived