• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

hell why not. stirring the hardy pot - wants back in carolina...will play for free.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn · 45m45 minutes ago

#Panthers Josh Norman said Hardy said he would play for free. Wants to be at Carolina.

If this is true, the Panthers would be foolish not to do it....... and I would be angry as h*ll at the owner if he did not allow the franchise to do it.  

He was still found guilty. Now the case will go to a jury trial. I have no problem at all with him being put on administrative leave. It was the right move.

My previous statement stands, please try to understand North Carolina law.

The minute his lawyer requested a jury trial following the judge's ruling, the guilty ruling by that judge is immediately set aside.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn · 45m45 minutes ago

#Panthers Josh Norman said Hardy said he would play for free. Wants to be at Carolina.

If he is acquitted, I would love to have him back for a resonable contract. If he is guilty it's probably best for both if he leaves town.

Exactly I don't give a sh*t what Jeremy says about 100% not being here. If he'll sign here with us for $5m for a year even (after being found not guilty) then we'd be retarded not to do it.

I agree, im not sold that "he is 100% not playing here even if found not guilty." What is the reason behind this thinking? Rivera even said in his opinion he should be allowed to come back after a 6 game absence, that tells me he wants him back. Hes not going to get paid huge money, if hes found not guilty why wouldnt we want him back? Makes no sense

I agree, im not sold that "he is 100% not playing here even if found not guilty." What is the reason behind this thinking? Rivera even said in his opinion he should be allowed to come back after a 6 game absence, that tells me he wants him back. Hes not going to get paid huge money, if hes found not guilty why wouldnt we want him back? Makes no sense

Because Hardy loves money, will get offered way more than $5 million per year and isn't worth the trouble.

He was convicted of a misdemeanor which was immediately expunged (or whatever happened from a legal standpoint). The NFL has never expelled players for misdemeanors until they got busted by the media for not being tough enough on domestic violence once the Ray Rice video came out. And minor domestic violence issues have always warranted either nothing or a short suspension. The same media and NFL that never said a word until June of this year despite decades of consistent punishment for domestic abusers.

Both the NFL and media are a complete joke. Totally complacent and hypocritical.

Yes domestic abuse is terrible.

Risk vs reward. Most of us have never had the finances and lifestyle of Hardy. When you have everything set I just don't get this type of behavior, I get it in young people who are yet to establish themselves and aren't really sure what the future holds.

Of course he'll get a second chance. The young woman involved is fine. But sometimes that second chance has to be somewhere else. The bridge in Carolina is burned.

Burning bridges is over rated but I generally agree with a lot of what you said in this post. I hate that he screwed up this way and can't help but shake my head when I think about it because it such a wasted opportunity.

It's not uncommon for the second wife to gets the better husband because some people have to learn the hard way. I hope he learned his lesson and stays out of trouble....especially if the Panthers give him a shot at redemption.

He was convicted of a misdemeanor which was immediately expunged (or whatever happened from a legal standpoint). The NFL has never expelled players for misdemeanors until they got busted by the media for not being tough enough on domestic violence once the Ray Rice video came out. And minor domestic violence issues have always warranted either nothing or a short suspension. The same media and NFL that never said a word until June of this year despite decades of consistent punishment for domestic abusers.

Both the NFL and media are a complete joke. Totally complacent and hypocritical.

Yes domestic abuse is terrible.

And slavery was allowed for hundreds of years until we wised up and made it illegal. 

Just because something was fine for years doesn't mean it should continue that way. Domestic violence is a very serious charge, and Hardy hasn't even been punished yet from a $ standpoint. He is basically on administrative leave.

Archived