• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The mastermind play calling of Shula

Ruff

Honestly, our offense would probably be better off with Cam just calling his own plays at the LOS. Shula is worse than worthless. He's detrimental.

He is a long time football coach. I would put my money on him over a guy who makes emotional and habitually uninformed posts online.

What do you know about coordinating an offense?

Nice blind-faith-authority-deference reply. What do you know about playing running back? Better not question Dwill...What do you know about running routes? Better not question Bersin...What do you know about placekick protection?  Better not question Rogers.

Give me a break. 

I agree that play really cost the Panthers.  Cam had to run for his life because Bell got beat off the snap and Bersin fell down at the line.  Cam had no where to go and was forced to take a sack.  The Panthers were driving in what was still a close game and that really killed the momentum.

It's clear the WR corps and LT position need to be upgraded in the offseason, but at least the cupboard is not bare.  With some very realistic upgrades, the Panthers will be a contender for years to come.  

He is a long time football coach. I would put my money on him over a guy who makes emotional and habitually uninformed posts online.

Blindly defend everything Panthers if it makes you feel better, but Shula has been universally loathed everywhere he's ever been and our offensive production has steadily declined every season under him. He's a horrible play caller.

I actually think he's a good QB coach, but as a play caller? Awful. OC for the Bucs... fired. Head coach at Alabama... fired. He's been a failure everywhere that he's had more than position coach responsibility.

How about the fact that the fatass no hands Tolbert was the RB in on that 3rd and 11 that he dropped instead of Fozzy, or somebody that can catch.  That play killed any hope we had left. We were only down by 7 and that dropped ended our chances. Why was Tolbert (of all people) being used as our 3rd down back? Shula's personnel decisions are pathetic and the people backing him are just as pathetic. He has never been successful anywhere he has gone for a reason.

How about the fact that the fatass no hands Tolbert was the RB in on that 3rd and 11 that he dropped instead of Fozzy, or somebody that can catch.  That play killed any hope we had left. We were only down by 7 and that dropped ended our chances. Shula's personnel decisions are pathetic and the people backing him are just as pathetic. He has never been successful anywhere he has gone for a reason.

To be fair, Tolbert has always been a great pass catching back, a few drops this year notwithstanding. But yeah, fug shula right in the ass. -

Archived