• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith attempted to fight Jermaine Wiggins after loss?

countryboi

yeah this is one of the pitfalls of thinking that someone is an awesome person because you like what they do on the field

I wish someone had the time to make a venn diagram of the people who denounced Ritchie Incognito but somehow love Smith and everything he stands for at the same time.

Imagine that. A player says Smith is a bad locker room guy and bully, the Panthers release Smith because he is a bad locker room guy and bully. Then Smith proves he is not a bad locker room guy and bully by trying to fight the guy that called him a bully.

Very Christian of Steve to try and fight a guy in front of his kids.

sadly I have to agree! this was not a good look! on the contrary, Baltimore seems to have fueled his behavior. Every man needs to considered his children before making ANY move. love him or hate this is not good at all. personally if I were Wiggins in this situation, what happened to SS would be the headline not the upcoming games this weekend. 

Then someone pop Smitty, because he's done the same? 

Steve had problems with Gettleman and made some comments about Ravens letting him be himself. Wiggins criticisms were just more about putting the franchise down. Steve still respects and loves the Panthers/Mr. Richardson.

As far as I'm concerned Steve can say whatever he wants because he put in a lot of time here. He's credible.

Steve had problems with Gettleman and made some comments about Ravens letting him be himself. Wiggins criticisms were just more about putting the franchise down. Steve still respects and loves the Panthers/Mr. Richardson.

As far as I'm concerned Steve can say whatever he wants because he put in a lot of time here. He's credible.

No, actually, Smith has dissed the franchise numerous occasions, and it's just not calling out Dave specifically.

He deserves it just as much or more, since more people listened to him than Wiggins.

I've mentioned on here before that I've met Steve Smith before and yes he is an asshole but it's also part of what makes him a great player, with his ability to harness that energy to positive use on the field.

Love the player, don't particularly care for the person.

I've also met Beason, D-Will and Hoover before, all those guys were awesome.

"Somehow, that got back to Steve Smith. He approached Wiggy at Gillette Stadium after the game.” 

When did the definition of "approach" include "fight," "start a fight," "throw a punch" or any other words or actions to that effect? Don't you think if Smith actually tried to start a fight or even raised his voice at Wiggins that more descriptive and colorful words would have been used to get more media attention? By using the word "approach" this only says that nothing happened except that Steve Smith, Sr. walked in the general direction toward Wiggins. 

You fuggin' guys are hilarious. 

"Somehow, that got back to Steve Smith. He approached Wiggy at Gillette Stadium after the game.” 

When did the definition of "approach" include "fight," "start a fight," "throw a punch" or any other words or actions to that effect? Don't you think if Smith actually tried to start a fight or even raised his voice at Wiggins that more descriptive and colorful words would have been used to get more media attention? By using the word "approach" this only says that nothing happened except that Steve Smith, Sr. walked in the general direction toward Wiggins. 

You fuggin' guys are hilarious. 

I think 'tried to start a fight' is accurate if someone walks up to someone and starts just verballing laying into them trying to get a speak out of them.

Lol since when hasn't steve smith been a bully, he's been bullying cbs for the past 10 years.......but if your gonna talk about someone don't be surprise if they approach you about it plain and simple

Are you serious? You think this situation is justified and was handled with any level of maturity? I'm curious....

I've mentioned on here before that I've met Steve Smith before and yes he is an asshole but it's also part of what makes him a great player, with his ability to harness that energy to positive use on the field.

Love the player, don't particularly care for the person.

I've also met Beason, D-Will and Hoover before, all those guys were awesome.

The context in which you met him should be considered as well. Steve Smith in football mode is not a nice person, but I don't want a nice person playing football for me.

Steve Smith off the field, in his neighborhood and among friends and family is a funny, caring, soft-spoken man. Nothing gets between him and his family and there is a reason he spent the night before games downtown at the hotel rather than drive from home. He never wanted his family to see him as he prepared to get ready for a game because he's one of those players who flip the switch when it's time to play. The Steve Smith I met with Mike Minter was a great guy. The Steve Smith I met a couple hours before a game on the field was a completely different person.

Archived