• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Advice- Barking Dog, Apartments

Dexterity

Be a man and get a bigger dog and let him bark back.

I have a European-born 3-year-old 55lb Schutzhund Dobermann Pincher. He doesn't bark unless I command him to or there is a direct threat.

That's an entirely different problem. When I moved in this same person flipped out. She cursed me out "for owning a dangerous animal" & called cops, animal control, & the property manager because she didn't want a "dangerous animal" around her children & pets.

They all pretty much laughed & told her to kick rocks, but still. Such a headache. My K9 is the sweetest dog you'd ever meet, & also the best trained. I could walk him off leash in NYC & he would walk heeled with his head glued to my hip. He pays zero attention to other people, kids, dogs, cats, squirrels, noises, etc.

My friend's bring their kids over & they ride him like a horse, chase him around, wrestle with him, pull him around by his ears, etc. He's the best dog with kids I've ever seen. My cousin has a newborn & he'll curl up & sleep with the baby for hours. Too bad the woman is a basket case. Her kids are missing out on a fun dog.

Does he bite? Absolutely, but only if I command him to or there is a direct threat to me.

I take him for a 2 mile run every morning. Every other day he stays at a doggy daycare & plays with other dogs all day. On days he stays home I leave him with chewables & frozen treats to occupy his time & take him to the park at our residence to run in the evenings after work. I keep him stimulated & expend his energy. The people upstairs lock their dog in a room & tell at it all day/night.

Right now he is laying on the sofa with me chewing on his frozen peanut butter treat while we watch basketball together. Upstairs the little dog is barking his head off, & has been for 20 minutes nonstop.

Just got a urgent call from my property manager. I have to leave work to attend a meeting with my neighbor and police. Upstairs neighbor claims my Dobie attacked her dog outside this morning around 8am as they were both in the area designated for dog potty visits.

I just find it odd because I dropped my Dobie off at daycare at 5 AM on my way to work. My patience and maturity with this situation just died. I'm about ready to snap. This bitch has ruined my ability to sleep for months, now she's making serious accusations against my dog and interfering with my job.

Too bad I took this time stamped photo of my dog at 4:45 this morning when we left, & will have video evidence at the daycare place of dropping him off.

post-16793-0-08156100-1421426571_thumb.j

The problem is, what would've happened if this was a day he stayed home? It's a he said, she said & there's a good chance police would've took my dog to AC for a 72 hr observation.

My pup is my best friend. You go after him & I'm gonna whip your ass.

post-16793-0-08156100-1421426571_thumb.j

Here's a blunt solution...

Stop pissing away $1400 a month renting something and buy a nice house that you can own.

Sad situation you are in. We rented for a while before we bought our house, and our upstairs neighbors were terrible with noise. Not much you can do about it because you don't own the property, and if you make too much of a stink about it, things like happened this morning will keep happening.

Here's a blunt solution...

Stop pissing away $1400 a month renting something and buy a nice house that you can own.

Sad situation you are in. We rented for a while before we bought our house, and our upstairs neighbors were terrible with noise. Not much you can do about it because you don't own the property, and if you make too much of a stink about it, things like happened this morning will keep happening.

Not that it's any of your business, but I spend less than 15% of my monthly income on bills. My employer gives me $750/month for rent, I only pay $650. I also have a company vehicle & gas card for my work commute. I'm in the process of building & finishing out my own home on Lake Norman.

As to the OP...

The police gave the woman a citation for making a false accusation to a public servant. They also said I could take legal action against her over this. The property manager gave her a final warning for her dog's barking, because the stupid thing sat in the window and yapped it's head off the entire 30 minutes we were all standing outside. If it doesn't stop immediately she has to remove the dog or vacate the property.

Thanks for your concern, though.

Archived