• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflate-Gate: Patriots Being Investigated For Deflated Footballs

your points are contradictions. I see what you are trying to say, but you can't blame the people who don't like cheating and complain when they feel the tables were tilted. Who polices the NFL? The whistle blowers and complainers. If you want to overlook the cheating and blame those who oppose it.

Bias--"ridiculous tapes" Shows me that you do not have any idea how much of an advantage that would be. You also don't mention the other tapes and notes that Goodell (Robert Kraft's buddy) destroyed without reason.

Excuses suggests that the Pats did not have an unfair advantage. They did, and their balls were found to be out of compliance--since the annoying complainers only complained that the balls were underinflated and it happened DURING the game, how do call that an "excuse?"

I have a pretty good idea that an audit/internal investigation of BB's operation would uncover a lot more of this king of crap--stuff you call smart. Just play by the damn rules and stop trying to find loopholes.

The contradictions you point out are actually separations 2 separate points.

Ive said repeatedly that breaking the rules warrants penalties,.period.

This point though many are not yelling about cheating because its cheating, they are yelling because they believe this is why their team is a habitual loser and the Patriots are habitual winners.

Thats the cowardice and loser attitude I make reference to.

As far as personal belief, teams are always looking for an advantage and we hear repeatedly about rules being pushed broken, shades of gray, peds, faking injuries to stop a drive, flopping to draw penalties etc.

When its our team, its all ok. Peds, flopping, faking an injury, whatever. Every fan is like that.

This hate for the Patriots has little to fo with them actually breaking rules, again like everyone else does, and more to do with what I already pointed out.

Its confirmation bias. See, I told you those guys were cheating, no way they are always that much better than everyone else with less talent,..

People do that at work when someone out sells everyone else. People do that when others make more money- they are all selling drugs,..

For the games. The balls where reinflated at halftime, but the Patriots ran away with the 2nd half.

The team has a higher winning percentage after spygate than before. All talking points on ESPN repeatedly.

Just saying good teams adjust. Bad teams dont and just make excuses.

And I dont blame people who dont like cheating, but you have to call a spade a spade. And you cant live in a bubble and believe in a world this competitive people dont push envelopes.

Mangini helped tape, but went to the jets, blew the story. Total hypocrite.

Anyway I appreciate the back and forth but im tapping out. We will all have to agree to disagree.

The contradictions you point out are actually separations 2 separate points.

Ive said repeatedly that breaking the rules warrants penalties,.period.

This point though many are not yelling about cheating because its cheating, they are yelling because they believe this is why their team is a habitual loser and the Patriots are habitual winners.

Thats the cowardice and loser attitude I make reference to.

As far as personal belief, teams are always looking for an advantage and we hear repeatedly about rules being pushed broken, shades of gray, peds, faking injuries to stop a drive, flopping to draw penalties etc.

When its our team, its all ok. Peds, flopping, faking an injury, whatever. Every fan is like that.

This hate for the Patriots has little to fo with them actually breaking rules, again like everyone else does, and more to do with what I already pointed out.

Its confirmation bias. See, I told you those guys were cheating, no way they are always that much better than everyone else with less talent,..

People do that at work when someone out sells everyone else. People do that when others make more money- they are all selling drugs,..

For the games. The balls where reinflated at halftime, but the Patriots ran away with the 2nd half.

The team has a higher winning percentage after spygate than before. All talking points on ESPN repeatedly.

Just saying good teams adjust. Bad teams dont and just make excuses.

And I dont blame people who dont like cheating, but you have to call a spade a spade. And you cant live in a bubble and believe in a world this competitive people dont push envelopes.

Mangini helped tape, but went to the jets, blew the story. Total hypocrite.

Anyway I appreciate the back and forth but im tapping out. We will all have to agree to disagree.

I didn't see that last time (tapping out).  Sorry to pile on--I think I came in the discussion late.  Apologies.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2336984-nfl-reportedly-finds-11-of-12-balls-used-in-afc-championship-were-under-inflated?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league4?is_shared=true

The pats locker room attendant was seen taking the balls to another room before bringing them to the field.

Quick, I need your stories to change from "atmospheric conditions" to "the attendant acted on his own". You guys keep changing your story to defend them, don't stop now.

if anybody hasn't seen it bill nye the science guy came out and said the michio kaku word salad BB spewed the other day made zero sense scientifically. good thing the average american has the scientific literacy of a 5th grader. most will go "oh he's so smart" and forget they're a bunch of cheaters

if anybody hasn't seen it bill nye the science guy came out and said the michio kaku word salad BB spewed the other day made zero sense scientifically. good thing the average american has the scientific literacy of a 5th grader. most will go "oh he's so smart" and forget they're a bunch of cheaters

Neil degrasse Tyson expanded on it and said the balls would have to be inflated with 125 degree air to lose that much pressure.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2336984-nfl-reportedly-finds-11-of-12-balls-used-in-afc-championship-were-under-inflated?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league4?is_shared=true

The pats locker room attendant was seen taking the balls to another room before bringing them to the field.

Quick, I need your stories to change from "atmospheric conditions" to "the attendant acted on his own". You guys keep changing your story to defend them, don't stop now.

I will laugh my ass off if the Pats try to say some lower level equipment handler acted on his own.

You'd pretty much have to be an absolute moron to buy that notion.

They are going to wait until after the Superbowl and blame the ball boy. So when the fired ball boy tells the world he was just doing what Brady and Bill told him to do it will be to late. Brady/Bill will retire into the sunset with their Superbowl win. 

Fug the Pats. 

I will laugh my ass off if the Pats try to say some lower level equipment handler acted on his own.

Unfortunately absolute moron is a perfect description for 95% of Pats fans.  

The lower level equipment manager thing wont happen. Thats the most embarrasing of possibilities.

I think this

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-deflategate-theory-nfl-rules-2015-1

If the Patriots inflated the balls to 12.5, it was legal, no rule on what psi at what temperature.

Thats just smart, its not cheating since its not breaking any rule.

What will everyone say if this ends up being the case?

The Patriots used legal, though unorthodox play formations and John Harbaugh was screaming illegal to the point that now hes a dumbass.

so what if it turns out the balls were inflated legally, though unorthodox?

Probably the same from all the haters. I hate the Patriots lifelong, regardless of what people get out of my posts, but if they did this and its legal,..

Then shame on everyone else.

The lower level equipment manager thing wont happen. Thats the most embarrasing of possibilities.

I think this

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-deflategate-theory-nfl-rules-2015-1

If the Patriots inflated the balls to 12.5, it was legal, no rule on what psi at what temperature.

Thats just smart, its not cheating since its not breaking any rule.

What will everyone say if this ends up being the case?

The Patriots used legal, though unorthodox play formations and John Harbaugh was screaming illegal to the point that now hes a dumbass.

so what if it turns out the balls were inflated legally, though unorthodox?

Probably the same from all the haters. I hate the Patriots lifelong, regardless of what people get out of my posts, but if they did this and its legal,..

Then shame on everyone else.

Balls inflated in a sauna or other hot room?

That has to be absolute stupidest theory I've read in a while.

I agree with you100% but my bet is the Patriots will throw the attendant (after  paying him off) under the bus and Roger Goodell will fine them $25 to $50 thousand and say rules will be put into effect to prevent this from reoccurring.

If  the attendant deflated the 11 out of 12 footballs,Tom Brady had to tell him, not only to actually do it but how much to deflate them.

If the above sceniro is correct and Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on the Patriots by taking draft choices,the NFL will lose all it's credibility and  Goodell will need to be removed from office.

The fact that the Patriot are known cheaters, makes one wonder how many games,over the years, they have won by some form of cheating, games they would have lost otherwise ?

combine that with the shittiest division in the history of football and you have yourself a dynasty

Archived