• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Badass 52nd pick photoshop

cardiackat88.

I would love us to draft Hardy but we seem to never draft any ECU players. I wanted us to draft Harris a few years ago when Dallas pulled the trigger. Maybe we can get him in free agency. I wanted Olsen a few years back and we finally got him. Who knows....

Olsen? Like the Olsen that plays for the Panthers? Like the one that definitely didn't go to ECU?

Olsen? Like the Olsen that plays for the Panthers? Like the one that definitely didn't go to ECU?

I think he was saying we never gets the players he wants. He started off citing an ECU player he wanted but we didn't get and said maybe in free agency. It was my understanding that he then said maybe that would be possible (with Harris) because we didn't draft Olsen (like he wanted) but then eventually got him through free agency.

I didn't understand it to mean that he implied Olsen went to ECU.

So I think he went from drafting ECU players to talking about players he wanted being available in FA to Olsen.

That was my understanding of it anyhow.

I'd love to get Hardy, the few clips I've seen on youtube made him look outstanding in just about every way and just about everything you want from a small receiver.  At this point in time, however, a 2nd is looking like it'd be a tough sell for me.  Maybe by the time the draft comes things will have changed and it will look more necessary to grab him that high, but right now I'm thinking a 3rd would be a wiser investment and let the 1st and 2nd be focused on guys without an initial obstacle they have to overcome (like being a little fella in a big man's game).

edit:  You know what, fug it.  I'd be happy with him in the 2nd.  I just went and watched some newer videos than weren't available when I made a thread about him a couple months ago and I'm falling in love all over again.  His catching with his hands and not body catching is VERY advanced for a college WR.  He's got great timing, great feet, great quickness, good speed, good hops, great hands, tough....I want him.  I also want us to draft him.

that looks a lot like Brandon LaFell, which regardless if it is or isn't now has me terrified that Hardy is going to be Lafell 2.0

Lafell was arguably one of the best run blocking wide receivers in the NFL and a solid #2/#3. Wouldn't be terrible.

2nd would really be reaching and there's no way G-man would reach for him in the 2nd. 3rd would be okay but 4th would be amazing value. If he's there at our 3rd pick and there's nobody else who's a must pick then I think we gotta take him. But if we can get him in the 4th (even if we had to trade up for him a dozen spots or so) I would be ecstatic. Knowing how teams pick though, some team will probably reach for him in the 2nd or early 3rd so I honestly believe there's very little chance of us getting him.

that looks a lot like Brandon LaFell, which regardless if it is or isn't now has me terrified that Hardy is going to be Lafell 2.0

Lafell was arguably one of the best run blocking wide receivers in the NFL and a solid #2/#3. Wouldn't be terrible.

Hardy plays absolutely nothing like LaFell so it's a terrible comparison. 

I think he was saying we never gets the players he wants. He started off citing an ECU player he wanted but we didn't get and said maybe in free agency. It was my understanding that he then said maybe that would be possible (with Harris) because we didn't draft Olsen (like he wanted) but then eventually got him through free agency.

I didn't understand it to mean that he implied Olsen went to ECU.

So I think he went from drafting ECU players to talking about players he wanted being available in FA to Olsen.

That was my understanding of it anyhow.

Yeah you are exactly right. If we couldn't get Harris in the draft we might get him in free agency since he may be a free agent. And yeah I wanted Olsen in the draft and was thrilled when we traded for him. . And yeah I know Olsen went to the Miami like many TEs before him. And as you noted I always hope we get some skill positions from ECU. They don't have much of a defense most years but they definitely have some offensive skill players. Even Shane Carden would be worth a pick if he is around in the 6 th round. We have seen that we need decent backups given Cams propensity to run and give up his body. He might be an upgrade to Webb at this point. He has lots of experience playing behind a porous offensive line so he would fit right in.

I can see where it might appear that I thought Olsen was from ECU but given I said I was a big fan most folks would assume I know who went there and who didn't.

Thanks for the translation and having my back.

Archived