• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official* - Manny Pacquiao v. Floyd Mayweather - May 2, 2015

h0llywood

And honestly, I feel bad for you east coasters. How do you guys deal with having to watch sporting events so late into the night? That must suck so bad.

I hate it so much. reason number 13,465,921 that I hate living in Florida after living in Colorado.

I do not even watch things during the week unless my team is involved

Virtually everybody I know was for Manny and the place I watched had one other Floyd fan out of twenty something people.

The amount of bitching and moaning today is hilarious. I love it.

Anybody watch the earlier fights? That Ukrainian kid seems legit.

Virtually everybody I know was for Manny and the place I watched had one other Floyd fan out of twenty something people.

The amount of bitching and moaning today is hilarious. I love it.

Anybody watch the earlier fights? That Ukrainian kid seems legit.

He did look legit but overall the undercards seemed underwhelming. That one short kid v. Santa Cruz was just asking to get knocked out.

Sugar Ray Robinson

Jake LaMotta

Kid Gavilan

Bobo Olson

Randy Turpin

Rocky Graziano

Gene Fullmer

Carmen Basilio

Joey Giardello

Rubin Carter

Roberto Duran

Ray Leonard

Marvin Hagler

Thomas Hearns

Emile Griffith

Henry Armstrong

Harry Greb

Carlos Monzon

Dick Tiger

Jimmy Doyle

There's 20 just in his weight class (relative). 

If Floyd were at his best and these guys were at their best MAYBE 2 of those would give Floyd a run.  The rest would not stand a chance.

I've been watching boxing my whole life... I can't recall a more disappointing bout. I felt like from Jamie fox's drunk ass national anthem, to the final bell, everyone involved went through the motions and went home to count their money. Then i have friends who are homer mayweather fans whom think if you didn't like him winning, you just don't understand boxing... What a joke. No, people understand boxing, they don't understand people half-assing it because they already got paid. You know who had great defense? Sugar Ray Leonard... Ask anyone that saw his bout with Duran if they were disappointed by it. I appreciate Floyd's defensive abilities, but he barely even tried to counter or engage. It was like they both agreed to not try to take each other out so they could smile, hug it up, and count their money.

Even when Floyd sat on the ropes, pac threw 3-5 punches and then would back off himself... He wouldn't stay in the pocket and let his hands go. It was a joke. Even Bernard Hopkins said Pac looked "satisfied," the entire night.

As someone who has followed it my whole life, I keep hoping that boxing will return to where it once was... But that didn't do it any favors.

If Floyd were at his best and these guys were at their best MAYBE 2 of those would give Floyd a run.  The rest would not stand a chance.

You know nothing about boxing. I've been doing this my entire life, watching and studying fighters, fighting and training. It's pretty clear you're no more than a casual fan.

Fans file class-action lawsuit against Manny Pacquiao over injury

The suit alleges that Pacquiao and his manager Michael Koncz, his promotional company Top Rank, its chairman Bob Arum and its president Todd duBoef, admitted that they knew of his shoulder injury after the fight, but failed to disclose it to the Nevada Athletic Commission as required by law. They also kept it a secret from fans who bought tickets to the fight, purchased the fight on pay-per-view and bet on the fight.

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against Manny Pacquiao, his manager and his promoters for fraudulently concealing his injury before his fight against Floyd Mayweather. Al Bello/Getty Images

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12827249/two-fans-file-class-action-lawsuit-manny-pacquiao-undisclosed-injury

Floyd Mayweather willing to fight Manny Pacquiao again

Floyd Mayweather told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith in a text Tuesday that he would be open to a rematch after Manny Pacquiao recovers from shoulder surgery to repair a tear in his rotator cuff.

"I will fight him in a year after his surgery," Mayweather texted Smith on the heels of his unanimous decision over Pacquiao in the richest fight ever.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12824362/floyd-mayweather-says-willing-fight-manny-pacquiao-again

Archived