• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How high are we on Philly Brown

FuFuLamePoo

what do you guys think his ceiling is?  Shula got real creative with him down the stretch between running reverses and what not.  Do you guys think he is a legitimate weapon to add in the core?  He made some big catches this year and I never saw him drop a pass once.  I've seen a lot of talk on finding a small speedy WR like crowder in the late rounds but I don't see why Philly can't be that guy.  obviously we still need more receivers i'm not denying that but i think we have something for the future in philly.  this year philly had 296 receiving yards and 95 rush yards.... fact: philly averaged 13.5 yards per touch this year.  that's fuging raw.  small sample size but yah, i'm high on this guy

He needs to build more muscle and be less fragile...it would also really help us and him if he could learn to be a punt returner and catch the dam ball.. Right now he will always be in jeopardy of losing his roster spot..... because I don't see him being better than a 3rd Wr.... If he can get his act together as a punt returner... He will secure a spot on the roster for years...

I don't think we're anywhere near as high on him as some fans think.  At best, he may be a decent #3 or 4 receiver.  He has speed, but he's not really explosive, nor does he make people miss...he also is not all that strong, even by receiver standards.  And I have yet to see him create much separation.  Really, his biggest asset is his straight line speed.  The only reason he was used so much this year is because he was the only guy we had that had any kind of speed.  But I fully expect that we bring in a receiver this year that has true speed plus explosion.  And that will essentially relegate Philly to Bersin's role.

Don't get me wrong, I like Philly, but as depth, not a core guy.  IMO, the only reason he seemed so eye catching is because all we had to compare him to was sluggish guys like Cotchery and Avant, who were never speed demons, even at their best.  This year both Rivera and Gettleman both have emphasized that we will be looking for speed.  And I think receiver is one spot that is clearly on their hit list...and probably within the first couple of rounds of the draft...and that will not be good for Philly. 

I'm ecstatic that we have him but he's not there yet. I do think he's our 2nd best WR though. Whether he gets to the point where he is a legitimate WR2 or even great slot guy is yet to be determined. We still need weapons.

He's what Melvin White and Robert Lester were to the defense last season. Terrific value for an undrafted free agent and provided some much needed production at a spot that sorely needed production but as the talent around him gets better he should fall back in the rotation.

Archived