• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was The Carroll/Organization Beef With Lynch Behind That Historically Bad Playcall?

Proudiddy

I have to wonder... There were issues bubbling between the organization, and specifically Carroll, since training camp. Add to that the fact that Lynch repeatedly brought more unwanted attention for the Hawks as the year went on with his interviews and gestures.

I like Lynch myself, but I just think this was a constant battle of one-upmanship between he and the organization. Now, coming full circle tonight... Once Lynch didn't get in on the first down and Carroll had time to think about it, I think he weighed out whom he would rather get the shine in this win... Because no doubt, as confident as Carroll is, I think he was sure that they would win regardless of the playcall. Did he want to go the rest of the offseason with everyone talking about how Lynch won them the Superbowl and they cut him? Or would he rather everyone admonish Wilson with love as the franchise qb who won them their second Superbowl in row?

Otherwise, I just can't understand why or how you make any call but giving it to Lynch there.

Idk... I just saw the Lynch Extension thread now.

Thats news to me because from the regular league news guys throughout the season, it seemed to be a foregone conclusion that they were cutting him after the season.

Regardless of whether that was the case, I still think the constant back and forth throughout the year (the interviews, hold muh dicks, Wilson's race debate, Harvin trade reaction, etc.) could have had an influence on that call.

maybe they just got too cute, thinking they'd catch the Pats selling out on the run. No, that can't be it. I'm sure Carroll was thinking about Lynch's future contract when he was :30 away from winning his second Superbowl.

I'm not saying he was thinking about his contract. I'm not even saying it was a conscious decision. When you have an ongoing who battle with someone you work with, do your personal opinions of that person affect your decisions involving them or not? They absolutely do.

Archived