• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Patrick vs. Cowherd

Johnny Rockets

Some entertaining offseason gibberish.....

So for whatever reason, everyone's "favorite" sports talk host Colin Cowherd felt the need to take a shot at Dan Patrick who then decided to fire back, and it was brilliant.

Here is what Cowherd said, 

I’ve worked in this business 35 years. Skip outworks all of us. The hardest-working guy when I got into this business was Jim Rome … That guy grinds it every day. You don’t know anybody that works like him. This radio business I’m in is full of guys who read the sports page and rip crap off. I’m here three hours a day. So is Rome-y. Dan Patrick doesn’t work as hard as Rome — not even close. That’s why I’ve always respected Rome-y. He puts the time in. Patrick needs 35 producers to fill a segment.

And here is Dan Patrick's response.

DP is usually business as usual. Guy never talks bad about anyone. Of the million things running through his mind, he forgot that this is Gronk's first SB. So freaking what? He even admitted beforehand that he was nervous to be going up there. And he's right: Colin would fall flat on his damn face--he may MAY--have a podcast if he left ESPN, but that's about it. Used to like the guy. But there is no place in business for crap like this. Just do you and leave the gossip and bitching to the Real Housewives.

Dan Patrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colin Cowherd

lol Dan Patrick smacked Cowherd down like he stole something

I don’t have 35 producers. I don’t work at the Worldwide Leader. I do have two producers here who did work on Colin’s show, and the one thing that I do is I give credit to my producers on the air. It’s not a one-man show. All the people behind the scenes who help out on Colin’s show — they don’t get any recognition …

Colin should understand two people who worked with me on SportsCenter and are in management at ESPN actually emailed me yesterday to apologize, saying they were embarrassed that Colin would bring up something like that …

If you’re criticizing me because of the Rob Gronkowski moment on the podium, you have every right to do it. Guilty as charged. I criticized myself. But you know what, Colin, I’m good enough to be able to make a mistake in front of 100 million people. Are you? …

We all have ESPN muscles. I had them for 18 years. Leave ESPN. Get out and do what I do. Try it. Try a radio network, maybe a simulcast, maybe a column for Sports Illustrated. Host the Olympics, Football Night in America, and Sports Jeopardy. Try that, and then we can discuss work ethic.

Cowherd is on his, what, 4th or 5th wife?

Patrick should said, "hey Cowherd, you should put some effort into one of your marriages before you start criticizing others for their work ethics."

That would irked Cowherd.

Or even better yet, waited for one of his on-air personalities to bring it up and simply reply with "who is Colin Cowherd?" And not even talk about it at all.

That would've REALLY irked Cowherd.

Honestly Dave just gave Colin what he wanted- attention. Cowherd & Skip are both just attention seeking trolls.

I listen everyday just cause its between Mike and Mike and SVP & Russillo and im bored at work, but its funny how you can pick up on his trends over time. Its hard to explain but he'll use one criticism and then use that same thing to argue why something else is better than another in a whole 'nother topic. Like, he'll make excuses for a poor performance from tom brady saying he's throwing to nobody and has a poo oline/running game but then orgasm over andrew luck saying hes carrying the team and elevating the shitty offense.

Archived