• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

The League is going to review the bench trial testimony, take into account the settlement agreement, factor in the DV poostorm from last year, and they are going to either suspend him as a first time offender of their DV policy or suspend him for detrimental conduct. It'll happen before March 10th and it will have an impact on his market value. Considering all that and the contract negotiations the Panthers have to navigate, it's best to move on.

If they look at the bench trial... he might not get any suspension time.. that trial was a travesty. Nobody in the case was credible. .

Key word is allegedly.

So Greg Hardy will be suspended for 6 or more games because:

1. His case was thrown out.

2. There is no witness that will testify.

3. It was a shaky case to being with.

4. He was already "effectively" suspended for 14+ games already.

I don't see it happening.   Too much conjecture.  Plus if he was suspended what precedent would that set?  The would effectively mean any woman with any relationship with an NFL player as long as she has a corroborating witness can get any player suspended. 

There has to be a bar set somewhere.  Even Goodell can't be that dumb............................................

.... ok it's a possibility but not likely.

In my eyes the only damage done to the NFL brand was through Roger Goodell's emotional reactions to the Rice, McDonald, Peterson and Hardy cases.

Where there was evidence and judgement/admission of guilt there is a case for dismissal or punishment from the employer.

Where the law doesn't find someone guilty, what right does an employer have to punish or fine someone?

What right does an employer have to punish someone that isn't found guilty in court? They have plenty of right?

And also Goodell attempted to let thing go the way they always had.....the public has changed and wouldn't allow it.

It's not fair to compare Hardy's case with any of those from last year.  There wasn't a tape, photo evidence, nothing.  She wouldn't even go to the hospital to get checked out.  She wasn't even the one who called.  She was on drugs at the time and wouldn't even show up for the trial.   Does Hardy need better friends and judgement?  Totally.  But I'm not sure he's more guilty than she was, and at the end of the day, no one even really got hurt.  They went their separate ways and that's that.  It should be over.  The trial was a joke and was only a thing because of some relection thing from the judge.   

If anything I hope the stupid rules/laws of NC about domestic violence and how unfair it is to males comes to light.   I think the hit his market value took is enough of a punishment at this point.

If they look at the bench trial... he might not get any suspension time.. that trial was a travesty. Nobody in the case was credible. .

I doubt that will be the conclusion of the NFL investigation, as was said before, there is no required equivalency between their findings and the courts.

Again, if a player is not under contract to any team, is he a member of the NFL? How do you suspend a player who isn't a member of any team?

Seems to me if I'm not under contract to any team, I'm not part of the NFL and therefore, not able to be punished by an organization of which I'm not a member.

Who really knows how the NFL has players locked down?

The same reason dudes fall for Hailey Berry.. Even thoe she been married more than a few times...and none of them ended in happily ever after. . The same reason Kim Kardashian is a star and has no talent. .. The same reason thru out history great men have fallen.. power of the P...

You make a good point.

Archived