• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

League files motion for Hardy's evidence

philit99

3 times innocent is less innocent than 1 time innocent?

Interesting concept.

Have you taken this to the American Bar Association?

Yes being accused 3x and paying 3 different people off makes you look more guilty...yes I know crazy concept. .

Then why do Jerry Richardson and "others in the building" think he isn't trustworthy?

I can't speak for Jerry or the others because I don't know them.

He's a young guy who's made some questionable decisions. So what.

This is his first serious legal run in, is it not.

You're bringing up a rap video and a twitter photo from years ago.

I can't speak for Jerry or the others because I don't know them.

He's a young guy who's made some questionable decisions. So what.

This is his first serious legal run in, is it not.

You're bringing up a rap video and a twitter photo from years ago.

We're not talking about cutting a player from a Madden roster here.

This is a multi-million dollar decision, and you can bet that all factors will be taken into account when that decision is made.

You throw millions of dollars at that guy and he makes another "questionable decision", you just screwed your team, your cap, your coaches, your fans, etc.

If you wanna get an idea of how much this means, answer this: Would you be willing to go to a bookie and bet, say five to ten thousand dollars of your own money that Hardy will be a model citizen from here on out?

If you're confident enough to suggest the Panthers should bet millions of their cap room on that notion, then you oughtta be confident enough to put your own money on the line too, right?

We're not talking about cutting a player from a Madden roster here.

This is a multi-million dollar decision, and you can bet that all factors will be taken into account when that decision is made.

You throw millions of dollars at that guy and he makes another "questionable decision", you just screwed your team, your cap, your coaches, your fans, etc.

If you wanna get an idea of how much this means, answer this: Would you be willing to go to a bookie and bet, say five to ten thousand dollars of your own money that Hardy will be a model citizen from here on out?

If you're confident enough to suggest the Panthers should bet millions of their cap room on that notion, then you oughtta be confident enough to put your own money on the line too, right?

I'm well aware we aren't playing Madden sherlock.

You're reading way too much into what I said but that seems to be your mo. If he wants too much money the choice is obvious. That wasn't even mentioned from me so don't put words in my mouth.

Your whole "he shot a rap video" thing is comedy.

I'm well aware we aren't playing Madden sherlock.

You're reading way too much into what I said but that seems to be your mo. If he wants too much money the choice is obvious. That wasn't even mentioned from me so don't put words in my mouth.

Your whole "he shot a rap video" thing is comedy.

So...no.

And to be clear, the rap video itself wasn't such a big deal as the timing and the situation.

It lent further credence to the notion that he "just doesn't get it".

Just let the guy go.  We have to pay Cam his money, Luke his, and Norman his.  Not to mention we need to bring in a good LT in free agency.  Those guys don't come cheap.  Kony Ealy looks to be well on his way in becoming a good, if not great DE.  We still got CJ aka Big Money with us, and he is not as old as most think. 

Just let the guy go. We have to pay Cam his money, Luke his, and Norman his. Not to mention we need to bring in a good LT in free agency. Those guys don't come cheap. Kony Ealy looks to be well on his way in becoming a good, if not great DE. We still got CJ aka Big Money with us, and he is not as old as most think.

Agreed, however I would think Richardson would love a Lombardi trophy before his eventual passing. I think we are extremely close, and close enough that two or three players could make the difference, and Hardy is one of those players. At some point time will run out for JR and he knows it. Why else would he tether the panthers to Charlotte?

Agreed, however I would think Richardson would love a Lombardi trophy before his eventual passing. I think we are extremely close, and close enough that two or three players could make the difference, and Hardy is one of those players. At some point time will run out for JR and he knows it. Why else would he tether the panthers to Charlotte?

Hardy's definitely a difference maker, but I think we can win a championship without him.  Earlier in the year, we missed his presence, but we straightened it out as the season progressed.  Our biggest problems were on the offensive line, the lack of speed at the receiver position, and Charles Godfrey.  We corrected the Godfrey at nickel problem, now all we need is a speedy receiver and a good LT.

Besides if we did bring Hardy back, it will mostly be a one year deal, and he will miss more than half of it sitting on his couch at home.

It will be when the NFLPA files a grievance and takes the matter to court..

Nope. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

The personal conduct clauses in the CBA are very broad. Basically any action that is detrimental to the image if the league is fair game.

Archived