• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy crap Gordell made $35mil this past year

JawnyBlaze

Apart from disciplinary issues, the changes that are happening in the game are not due to unilateral decisions by Goodell. They are voted upon by the owners after suggestions from different committees within the NFL. If you are going to blame Goodell, you should blame the owners as well as members of the competition committee who suggest these changes.

Unless you don't understand how the NFL works.

I understand how the NFL works.  I'm mostly talking about the disciplinary stuff.  Stuff like banning most TD celebrations, punishment for what color socks kids wear, knee jerk reactions to situations, 2 game suspensions for a guy that you knew punched his fiance, stuff like that.

I understand how the NFL works.  I'm mostly talking about the disciplinary stuff.  Stuff like banning most TD celebrations, punishment for what color socks kids wear, knee jerk reactions to situations, 2 game suspensions for a guy that you knew punched his fiance, stuff like that.

I doubt any of that is harming the product but we will agree to disagree.

The owners as a collective group=Goodell.... He is an administrator, not a visionary autonomous leader. The owners really like this guy, and anyone who follows him will be cut from the same cloth.

Owners love that Goodell is the face of their wishes in action.....and that the masses pin what they dislike on Goodell.

They pay taxes. IDK why some people can't understand that.

the NFL itself - that is the league office - is tax exempt. but the teams that are making all that profit are not.

so depending on who you are referring to, "they pay taxes" isn't exactly right. But... the teams are taxed and they are the ones actually making the 9 billion in profits, so...

Archived