• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and Cam Newton in contract talks

bLACKpANTHER

Cam already "gave up millions" because of the rookie salary cap.

The fact that the team was fuged because of Hurney during that time and had no money to spend to "fix" things that they need to fix now is no fault of Cam's.  In fact, his play has COVERED up so many of those past mistakes it ain't even funny.

Yet the big Humanitarian Dex thinks he should, yet again, "give up millions".

How easy it is when its not your own money, right Dex?  Throwing around Monopoly money was always THE BEST!

Failed logic IMO.  Just because rookie Contract in the past where insane doesn't give Cam the right to get Top of league pay.  You pay him what you think he will be worth the next 6 years not what he has done the past 4. 

• Pie 2

Brady and Peyton are two of the qbs that stand out as taking less money for the better of their team.

Then again... Brady had already had one or two mega contracts that played out,  and he is married to a billionaire.

Peyton also played out a mega contract or two before taking pay cuts.

Cam has not had his first mega contract yet.   On his second one,  he may take a little less for the betterment of the team. lol

Failed logic IMO.  Just because rookie Contract in the past where insane doesn't give Cam the right to get Top of league pay.  You pay him what you think he will be worth the next 6 years not what he has done the past 4. 

I don't know what this Tiger dude has against me but I can tell it's personal. Because he spews some dumb poo.

Brady and Peyton are two of the qbs that stand out as taking less money for the better of their team.

Then again... Brady had already had one or two mega contracts that played out,  and he is married to a billionaire.

Peyton also played out a mega contract or two before taking pay cuts.

Cam has not had his first mega contract yet.   On his second one,  he may take a little less for the betterment of the team. lol

how is 6 years 108 million 70 million guaranteed NOT a mega contract?

how is 6 years 108 million 70 million guaranteed NOT a mega contract?

That much guaranteed........would probably be a good deal.

6yr.....$90M,  $85M guaranteed would also be an insane deal.    Averages around $15M a year,  but he'll have the joy that most qbs don't have......the joy of knowing that no matter what happens,  he'd still get an insane guaranteed amount of money.

I believe Wilson's will be 6yr,  $92M,  all guaranteed.

• Pie 1

Manning will make 19 million dollars year 2015.

Brady's contract:

2/25/2013: Signed a five-year, $60 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including $30 million in signing bonus payments scattered over the first three years. 2015: $7 million, 2016: $8 million, 2017: $9 million, 2018: Free Agent

You don't like Cam and you don't like Cam as the QB of your football team.

You've made that quite, quite clear.

I had to dig through 3 old Youtube accounts to find my reaction of Cam being drafted. I wanted Patrick Peterson but was excited and happy we decided to pick Cam. Before midway through this season I've NEVER said a bad word about Cam. He is my franchise quarterback. I also resent what you're implying. You know what I mean. I have never EVER said I don't want Cam as my quarterback. (aside from a few tongue in cheek DA jokes) I want to keep him but 25 million a year is just not realistic. But go one and try to trash me. There are plenty of respectable Huddlers that I've known for years that will tell you I love Cam. We just need to draft well, have extra $ to sign free agents and things will fall into place. Cam will improve.

Edited by Dex

That much guaranteed........would probably be a good deal.

6yr.....$90M,  $85M guaranteed would also be an insane deal.    Averages around $15M a year,  but he'll have the joy that most qbs don't have......the joy of knowing that no matter what happens,  he'd still get an insane guaranteed amount of money.

I believe Wilson's will be 6yr,  $92M,  all guaranteed.

That's the type of contract I would like to see.

So realistically how much could Cam be looking to bank. I think it would be hard to put a value on the guy until you see what he does with decent talent around him. Luck has had offensive talent around him since day one, so his numbers are to be expected. Wilson has had Lynch and a number 1 defense. What has Cam had except for pedestrian receivers(minus Smith), shaky offensive lines, an aging "star" running back and a coach who is still learning OTJ.