• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton should be paid more than Luck or Wilson

Jeremy Igo

Technically, Wilson can say he has a ring too.

(the fact that he earned it as a game manager likely won't be taken into account)

Aaron Rodgers has a Super Bowl ring and an MVP on his resume'. The notion that he'll wind up earning less then a kid whose biggest accomplishment thus far is getting blown out in a conference championship game just makes me shake my head.

Other than the Super Bowl (where his defense and special teams gave him a huge lead), Wilson has not won a road playoff game.

Thats what Seattle fans do not remember

Panthers were 2-0 with a second string QB fueled by conserveative play calls and strong defense.

Doubt INDY could pull a greasy string out of a cats rear without Luck.  Seattle would still compete based on their stellar D

Considering the Bucs also lost to:

Austin Davis

Brian Hoyer

Teddy Bridgewater (1st or 2nd start?)

So I don't really think that strengthens the case.

Other than the Super Bowl (where his defense and special teams gave him a huge lead), Wilson has not won a road playoff game.

Since he has only played one and had over 450 yards and put 28 points on the board in that one, I am not sure that stat is very relevant.  Can't really determine what to pay him on something like that.  By comparison, Brady's road record is only 3-3. 

Yes he actually has. Against the Redskins his rookie year...

Since he has only played one and had over 450 yards and put 28 points on the board in that one, I am not sure that stat is very relevant.  Can't really determine what to pay him on something like that.  By comparison, Brady's road record is only 3-3. 

Exactly, home field advantage. Brady has been to the Playoffs 12 times but they're so good in the Reg Season he's only played 6 road games.

If you're the Ravens and other teams called wanting to trade Brees, p Manning or Rivers straight up for Flacco would you do it?

No. Why would they do that. Rivers hasn't won a damn thing and he's 6 years younger than Brees, Manning has a year or two left in him.

Are you serious? Wilson in HIS FIRST POST SEASON START got a road victory.

In his SECOND post season start, he put on one of the most remarkable display of QBing you will ever find on the road.

His defense literally choked (they do this often in tight games) after he gave them the lead with 30 seconds to go.

Are you serious? Wilson in HIS FIRST POST SEASON START got a road victory.

In his SECOND post season start, he put on one of the most remarkable display of QBing you will ever find on the road.

His defense literally choked (they do this often in tight games) after he gave them the lead with 30 seconds to go.

Hold your horses there bud. You're making it seem like he's the best QB ever. It was a road victory against a terrible Redskins team without their QB healthy. And then he played just okay against an absolutely horrible defense against Atlanta. And when you said "they do this often in tight games" you don't have a god damn clue what you're talking about. Get Wilson's balls out of your mouth man. That guy was wrong but chill out. You seem like a Seahags fan.

I'm sorry.  With all due respect I can't agree under any circumstances that you pay a guy more money than another player who has taken his team to 2 super bowls and 1 won of them.  I love Cam and feel like he should get paid but I don't think saying he deserves more than Wilson is anything close to being objective.

Using the "doesn't have more weapons" argument is getting ridiculously old.  

I'm sorry. With all due respect I can't agree under any circumstances that you pay a guy more money than another player who has taken his team to 2 super bowls and 1 won of them. I love Cam and feel like he should get paid but I don't think saying he deserves more than Wilson is anything close to being objective.

Using the "doesn't have more weapons" argument is getting ridiculously old.

It may be getting old, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Archived