• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

They went to CJ's grandmothers funeral, and during the whole Deangelo Twitter exchange yesterday CJ tweeted the Kermit it's none of my business meme. I think CJ is perfectly happy with the organization and how they handled the passing of his grandmother.

They went to CJ's mother's funeral because after DW's mother's funeral they admitted they could have done more and talked to him about it. They made a new team policy to address such situations. They dealt with this and moved on but he decided to bring it up the day he gets released in a sensationalized lead up to the interview.

The issue is really Deangello's little game yesterday IMO.

I find it funny that the Panthers now have a policy in place on how to react to a death in the "family" It sounds like they know they screwed up on this one.

whatever. My mother died in 2011 and the company she worked for for over 20 years said nothing, sent nothing, I don't go to that company anymore,,,,so I don't have a problem with how DWill reacted, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Still Love DWill and he will always be a Panther as long as he wants to be and it seems that he does,

so lets move on from this crap.

They went to CJ's mother's funeral because after DW's mother's funeral they admitted they could have done more and talked to him about it. They made a new team policy to address such situations. They dealt with this and moved on but he decided to bring it up the day he gets released in a sensationalized lead up to the interview.

The issue is really Deangello's little game yesterday IMO.

Do you remember where you saw this? I don't recall hearing anything about that.

Richardson and Gettledouche are like corporate America, they want a fuging copy of the death certificate to prove why you are taking time off and don't give a poo about anyone but themselves, unless they can write it off somewhere on a tax form or make money off it.

b639bf392743506.jpg 

Richardson and Gettledouche are like corporate America, they want a fuging copy of the death certificate to prove why you are taking time off and don't give a poo about anyone but themselves, unless they can write it off somewhere on a tax form or make money off it.

His teammates are his co-workers.  No matter how shitty your employ is, under normal circumstances, the people you work with every day will do something whenever you have a death in the immediate family.  How did they react when his mother died?  Who knows.

You just come out of the woodwork when it's time to bash your team don't you? How damn annoying can you be.

Deangelo didn't do anything wrong and didn't bash the Panthers in anyway. He isn't even mad the panthers released him. Basically just said he's shocked he didn't receive much support from the team after his mom passed away.  

Couldn't disagree more.

If he didn't have a problem with it still, he wouldn't have re-hashed it AT ALL.  Its more than obvious he still holds a grudge about it.  If mistakes were made and apologies were accepted, then its water under the bridge.

Still sounds to me like Williams has built a dam. There's only one rational reason to believe he brought it up again... to place the organization into a bad light.

You just come out of the woodwork when it's time to bash your team don't you? How damn annoying can you be.

Yep.  I think he sits hoping and praying for something bad to happen just so he has the opportunity to come on and bash the team.  Probably giggles like a schoolgirl whenever he has the chance to type "Gettledouche".

His posts are pretty much worthless.  It's just the same garbage over and over again.  You'd think the team kicked his dog or something.

He'd be better served to just go ahead and become a Saints fan.  Maybe someone on their board will be interested.

I've never been to or been expected to go to the funeral of a friend's family member. I would never ever want to. If I was specifically close to the person who died than sure.

How many people here would go to a coworker's mother's funeral. Even a coworker you were close to?

Yeah I know.

Honestly I regret posting in this thread and when we found out in all-pro. Deaths are serious and dlo reacted how he felt even if I personally feel it was a petty jab after being released and how he was during the season because of this. I don't know any of these people irl and tbh my comments are just as petty as i perceive dlo's comments to be. I don't know him or really know the situation so this all seems like petty speculation.

This pretty much answers everything. Not only did Richardson write him but he personally apologized to him.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2015/02/deangelo-williams-jerry-richardson-greg-hardy-mother-death-breast-cancer-sandra-hill-pink-october-nfl.html

So Richardson reached out to him afterward and apologized for the oversight.

The team has since altered their policies to ensure something like this doesn't happen again.

But he's still upset because...

...for the last five or six years during October she was celebrated. But then when she's no longer here, let's move on."

How exactly did they 'move on'?

Was this past October not still Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

I know that's my point. Where was J-Stew or Tolbert? What about his neighbor, Thomas Davis? Shouldn't he care more about why these guys didn't come as opposed to not getting a call from JR?

Best point made in this entire thread.

But, then again, if he did that, he would be inviting rebuttal from his teammates about WHY they weren't there, right?  Maybe that's the reason?

Archived