• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

it is hard to plan to go to funerals, because they happen usually within a week to 10 days after the death

I know when my mom died last year only 3 of my 7 that I consider my best and oldest friends were able to attend.

And honestly, I didn't think twice about it. But that isn't to knock D-Will because everyone feels differently and everyone has different expectations of their friends in those situations

Just making the observation that funerals are tough because they are short notice.

For example, I would be more upset if a friend missed my wedding when theY had 10 months notice than my mom's funeral when they had only 10 days notice

And yet Williams made it public by choice.

he was asked a question and he answered it, yeah he could have said nothing but that would have been an even bigger deal.

as I said earlier in the thread

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

I find it funny that the Panthers now have a policy in place on how to react to a death in the "family" It sounds like they know they screwed up on this one.

whatever. My mother died in 2011 and the company she worked for for over 20 years said nothing, sent nothing, I don't go to that company anymore,,,,so I don't have a problem with how DWill reacted, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Still Love DWill and he will always be a Panther as long as he wants to be and it seems that he does,

so lets move on from this crap.

he was asked a question and he answered it, yeah he could have said nothing but that would have been an even bigger deal.

as I said earlier in the thread

It wasn't public knowledge that he had a beef with the organization over his mother's death.

The only way they knew is either (1) he had told the reporterette sometime before this season or (2) he told them prior to the interview.

Either way, he's begging the question.  They didn't come up with it out of the damn blue.

personally, i avoid going to funerals at all costs. the only way i would ever even consider going to a non-family member's funeral is if i was asked by the person who's mourning, and the only family members' funerals i've been to have been very close members.

i can count the number of funerals i've been to on one hand, and i know that the last thing i wanted was any and everyone around me. even if there are 1k people there, a funeral is a VERY private affair. a person's focus should be on the person who is no longer here, not who did or didn't show up.

For misrepresenting the facts and disparaging the team that made him a very rich man with a bad contract that favored him? Absolutely....who else is yo blame for his charade yesterday?

You should've listened to what he actually said. It was there in front of everyone from the start.

It wasn't public knowledge that he had a beef with the organization over his mother's death.

The only way they knew is either (1) he had told the reporterette sometime before this season or (2) he told them prior to the interview.

Either way, he's begging the question.  They didn't come up with it out of the damn blue.

I just re-listened to the interview...

yeah, I guess. :(

Man, at the very least, JR and Stewart should've been there. With all that wrestling stuff he and the RBs attended, I thought he and Stewart were good friends. His teammates not showing up had to have hurt.

Nobody really at fault here, and I can't blame Deangelo for how he's reacting. That mans lost his mother...I know hes gotta be hurting. Disappointed in JR, though. He should have atleast called Williams.

Archived