• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn leaning towards going home to Cleveland

nctarheel0619

way to downplay something most players wouldn't have done.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I gave and give him full credit for his exceptional awareness on that play, but being a heads-up player does not equate to being a good punt returner and running in a straight line on a freak play is not equivalent to a traditional punt return.

I think he's a good player with a ton of upside, but that specific play was a fluke.

Did you actually read what I wrote? Being a heads-up player does not equate to being a good punt returner and running in a straight line on a freak play is not equivalent to a traditional punt return.

I think he's a good player with a ton of upside, but that specific play was a fluke.

Exactly. He has some potential, even at punt returner. But the risk is not worth the "undetermined" reward. Muffed punts are huge momentum changers.

So Ted would rather have Manziel throwing to him than Newton... good luck with that. Dude must not be interested in winning.

You have to remember how NFL egos work.

Pretty much every player that signs with a lousy team is thinking to himself "oh sure they suck now, but once they have me on the roster, things are gonna start changing for the better around here.

To everyone giving Ginn a hard time, chill out. It doesn't mean he's not competitive. He has an opportunity to return home with his family and play for his childhood team. Who could blame him for that?? I hate how some of you guys overreact and say "obviously he doesn't care about winning" blah blah blah. Maybe he just wants to go home to retire near loved ones and play for the team he watched growing up before his career is over.

^ exactly

Archived