• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Final Decision On Hardy : No Thanks

Jeremy Igo

those of you going "hur hur protect the shield the panthers don't care about their players morals over wins amirite guys" you need to consider that the deal they cut with goodell saved hardy's ass from a suspension without pay and also allowed him to be in the building and work out in the panthers' facilities. those are two advantages he wouldn't get if the alternative happened. per numerous reports he declined the opportunity which just pissed the FO off even more.

if gettleman would have done what all you billy badasses suggested and done donuts on goodell's yard in his shelby mustang while smoking a marlboro red and flipping the bird hardy would have been suspended without pay and barred from 800 south mint.

• Pie 1

He was found not guilty you idiots

I Mean He Was Found Guilty, but he filed an appeal which granted him a trial de novo which nullified the original conviction until the jury trial could take place. it's a quirk in north carolina law. then the DA couldn't track down nicole holder earlier this month which kind of makes it hard to go forward with a trial so the case was dismissed. tldr he was never found "not guilty".

Edited by I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Hope no one else is falsely accused. God forbid it's another one of our star players. Got to love JR for creating an atmosphere where players feel like the owner has their back. Free agents will be just lining up outside his office now.

yeah man stay away from those panthers. if the commish threatens you with a suspension they'll just pay you $13 million plus playoff bonus to sit on the couch and they'll still let you use their facilities. even if you're barely seen there are still millions of dumb baby fans on the internet who'll cut their wrists for you and claim you got a raw deal.

Team sport.

And Pep was the best DE when he left. Jenkins was the best DT.

How did the front look at the end of last season? Looked fine to me. Issue seemed to be secondary. So why are people acting like Hardy makes or breaks it?

Neither Pep or Jenkins is here!! Talking about history has nothing to do with the now.. Your statement was a stupid way to act like we don't need him.. We might not need him but that has nothing to do with how great he is compared to other DE.. Also to act like we are better without a top 5 pass rusher is crazy.. We might be good but with him we were great and on the level with the Seahawks. .

i'm not trying to act like this isn't bad news and if i ran the panthers i'd try to sign him but acting like he got fuged by the FO and there's a bunch of simple stuff we should've done differently is some weak poo. if anything they took the baseball bat to the nuts in the form of paying the guy to do nothing and taking all the piss and vinegar from the fans and press. the FO really could have just washed their hands of him and left him to the tender mercies of a roger goodell who needed to do serious damage control to the image of the league, but they didn't.

Edited by I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We're excluded from the draft and free agency?

Other team's washouts and rookies don't really get me excited.

Maybe there is a young unrestricted FA DE in his prime that maybe a little troubled so he ended up on the low end the market that is an all-pro that we can get...... oh fugging wait.

Edited by teeray
  • Pie 3

Our friends over at Black and Blue Review are reporting with the most certain language to date that Greg Hardy will not be a Carolina Panther in 2015.

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-final-answer-no-greg-hardy/

" According to multiple league sources, some momentum did build for a Hardy return in the days after his legal situation was cleared up. But, sources say, that slim possibility quickly cooled and eventually ended last week."

It has long been thought that Greg Hardy would not return. Since preseason I have been told from sources within the Panthers organization that Hardy would likely not be back. The "likely" has now turned into a "certainly".

Hopefully for the Panthers, Hardy will stay out of the NFC South. The thought of facing a Greg Hardy out for revenge is not a pleasant one. Atlanta is clearing plenty of cap space this offseason, which could be cause for concern.

Hopefully he ends up in the NFC South. 

• Pie 1

I actually agree with you on this post

i'm not trying to act like this isn't bad news and if i ran the panthers i'd do things differently but acting like he got fuged by the FO and there's a bunch of stuff we should've done differently is some weak poo. if anything they took the baseball bat to the nuts in the form of paying the guy to do nothing and taking all the piss and vinegar from the fans and press. the FO really could have just washed their hands of him and left him to the tender mercies of a roger goodell who needed to do serious damage control to the image of the league, but they didn't.

I'm not surprised by this move and I hope Hardy goes to the AFC. The Panthers did what they had to do. I'm frustrated because honestly the fans got messed over and the Panthers wasted 13.1 million. I wish the front office would've just released Hardy if the intentions was not to bring him back. I hope Gettleman and his scouts have a plan with this type of move. Defensive end is definitely a priority now in free agency or the draft.

Some of you elevate this guy to a god like status. I guess you bought in to the whole "Kraken" persona....hook, line, and sinker. It takes ten other guys around him to make a stout defense. He is a good DE, but not the best in the league. Get a good tackle or two and he can be stymied. The 49er's proved that in the playoff game for one example. We will be fine.

Edited by Jmac