• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

It may be about money on the Texans' part, but not Johnson's part. For him it's all about feeling disrespected due to their vision for him in a reduced role. I don't know where you're getting this from. Johnson wanted to leave last off-season to go play for a contender. He has arguably been unhappy for the last couple of years. I have followed the guy, and money was never a big issue because he basically got a deal that reflected his value when it was time for his big payday. Hell, he even restructured three straight years just to make cap space for his team.

If you don't believe me, then perhaps you'll believe the ESPN writer for the Texans who literally says the break up on Johnson's part is not about the money. They never argued over his contract. Johnson is a reasonable and realistic guy that wants to play for a contender.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=houston-texans&id=10244&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

Edit: And don't get me wrong, Johnson may get paid. That depends on the team. But that's not going to be the driving force. He wants a championship.

Its ALWAYS about money.

I bet you a dollar to a donut the reason that Johnson felt "disrespected" was BECAUSE OF MONEY (i.e. attempts by the team to get him to change his contract).

Sounds rather familiar, actually.

Its ALWAYS about money.

I bet you a dollar to a donut the reason that Johnson felt "disrespected" was BECAUSE OF MONEY (i.e. attempts by the team to get him to change his contract).

No it's because they told him he was only going to catch 40 balls this year and play behind hopkins.

If he hits FA he isn't still going to get a monster contract. He will see what his value is and take the money teams will give him. No team is going to give him 10 mil a year.

Its ALWAYS about money.

Sure, Tiger. Here is another quote from another article. Actually, Johnson ain't even mad. The thought of what they were saying was more incredulous than anything else. My use of the word "disrespected" is apparently an overstatement on my part (but probably not).

”One would think the Texans simply weren't interested in keeping Johnson around for the $11.5 million (including a $1 million workout bonus) he is supposed to be paid this year. But the two parties never discussed money. How could they after the way the conversation began?”

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/solomon/article/Johnson-move-inevitable-but-no-one-was-willing-6111362.php?t=20e22c95d1f9985617&cmpid=twitter-premium

Archived