• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting a team from scratch

JJman Returns

Who would you pick to start your NBA franchise?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Lebron James
    • Kevin Durant
    • Russell Westbrook
    • Stephen Curry
    • James Harden
    • Anthony Davis
    • Paul George

Who do you take?

In the midst of the Westbrook thread, I'd like to see what the popular opinion here is of who would be taken first to start a team completely from scratch.

Depends on a ton of factors. All things being equal, LeBron.

But, based on contract, age, etc. right now, it's easily Anthony Davis. 21 years old only in his third year and he's already on this list.

Amazing how OKC was gifted 3 of the top 7/8 players in the league but screwed it up.

They haven't screwed up the Westbrook/Durant combo yet but you know it's only a matter of time.

Also shout out to the Pelicans for drafting Anthony Davis and hurrying their rebuild too fast and capping themselves out just short of the West playoffs every season.

If we're talking about giving a team the best chance at winning immediately, I think anyone would be a complete idiot to suggest anyone either than LeBron James. But if we're talking about I want to go with a younger guy I'll take anthony davis or westbrook, while also giving consideration to Andrew wiggins (I think he's going to develop into something very very special)

if you pick anyone but LeBron, step away from your keyboard.. cbarrier90 has some substance with the age factor but I still feel like LeBron has another 5 years of top flight bball in him..

I dont think people really understand what we are seeing.. when it's all said and done: MJ, Kobe and LeBron will be the Top 3 ever to do it and it won't even be close.

They haven't screwed up the Westbrook/Durant combo yet but you know it's only a matter of time.

Also shout out to the Pelicans for drafting Anthony Davis and hurrying their rebuild too fast and capping themselves out just short of the West playoffs every season.

I'll never get over the fact that we should have had Anthony Davis but got screwed by the lottery

if you pick anyone but LeBron, step away from your keyboard.. cbarrier90 has some substance with the age factor but I still feel like LeBron has another 5 years of top flight bball in him..

I dont think people really understand what we are seeing.. when it's all said and done: MJ, Kobe and LeBron will be the Top 3 ever to do it and it won't even be close.

Ok, you can pick Lebron and get that great 5 years left in him, but I'm going to pick Davis and have him run my franchise for 13+ years at a high performance. I understand how great Lebron is, but we are talking about someone you can build a dynasty with. Lebron doesn't have that much time. And when it's all said and done I think Davis will be at least the 2nd best PF of all time. Need to see how many rings he wins to compare him with Duncan. 

Archived