• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Hoping To Sign Oher and Ginn Before Tuesday

rscott94

meh, why sign a TE who cant block, then ask him to block?  the #2 TE in our scheme will always have to block a lot.  he is a "receiving TE" with shoddy hands and an inability to block.  

He wasn't brought in to be a blocking TE.  He was forced into the role.  If you recall last preseason, all of the coaches were talking about how we were going to a two TE type of offense.  Brockel would have played the role of the blocking TE, and also backup to Tolbert.  He got put on IR early in the season, and then Tolbert was out for close to two months.  Dickson was going to be the #2 TE receiving option, which wouldn't have been terrible.  

In terms of WR. Royal has lost a step already.

He's had 7+ TDs 2 years in a row and rocked a 60 yard PR last year.  I'd take him over Ginn all day. 

Also, he still very much has his speed left.  Not junior yr Hokie level..but still close. 

He's had 7+ TDs 2 years in a row and rocked a 60 yard PR last year.  I'd take him over Ginn all day. 

Also, he still very much has his speed left.  Not junior yr Hokie level..but still close. 

Ginn only has 11 career TDs to his 8 year career as a WR...

Royal is younger and better in about every category (his only bad years were with Qbs Orton and The Golden Calf of Bristol and he was hurt his first year with the chargers), Ginn was only relevant when he was with us, he has been hot garbage everywhere else...so if we do land him, atleast he was decent here...

Ginn only has 11 career TDs to his 8 year career as a WR...

Royal is younger and better in about every category (his only bad years were with Qbs Orton and The Golden Calf of Bristol and he was hurt his first year with the chargers), Ginn was only relevant when he was with us, he has been hot garbage everywhere else...so if we do land him, atleast he was decent here...

Good exercise: Look at which team Ginn scored the most TDs as a receiver with.

Good exercise: Look at which team Ginn scored the most TDs as a receiver with.

i said he was only relevant with us and hot garbage everywhere else...and he had 5 TDs with us (none as a returner) and Royal has had 7 and 8 the last 2 years...Ginn hasn't had 2 years of anything looking close to competent...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64651&draftyear=2009&genpos=WRquotename="Car123" post="3266183" timestamp="1425670143"]

He ran a 4.56 40[/quotehttp://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64651&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

Draftscouts has him running a low 4.40 and his highest 40 was 4.50..

Also he avg. 15 yards per rec. Which mean he was a deep threat..

Cool with that.

Said elsewhere though, I'm not ready to write off our return game just because Ginn signs elsewhere.

He is a familiar option, but not the only option.

It would be awesome if we could find someone in the mid rounds of the draft. We've tried before and failed but others have succeeded.

He wasn't brought in to be a blocking TE.  He was forced into the role.  If you recall last preseason, all of the coaches were talking about how we were going to a two TE type of offense.  Brockel would have played the role of the blocking TE, and also backup to Tolbert.  He got put on IR early in the season, and then Tolbert was out for close to two months.  Dickson was going to be the #2 TE receiving option, which wouldn't have been terrible.  

i do recall not liking the signing when they made it, yes.  hes just not good.  even in a passing only role I dont want him.  realistically, as a TE, he will do a lot of blocking no matter what.    

Archived