• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Morgan hints at meeting with the Panthers

Sam Mills Fan

I'd love a LT but we gotta be realistic here. The absolute best prospects at that position go very early. G-Man likely won't reach for one at 25. He didn't last season when we had Bell and Chandler after all.

I agree with you however.

Tackle > Safety

Totally agree.  I'm thinking we find a stop gap (Oher maybe?) or after first rounds of cuts depending on how the draft falls.

You get a team that drafts one high, and can slide right in and start, and we may be able to trade or sign one after cuts.  Either way, we will have to look very hard at upgrading this position.

We do have needs at safety, no doubt. But at least we have the talent in front of them to mask some of their deficiencies. Harper isn't great but he's good enough for another year even though I hope we snag another safety in the first three rounds. I'd rather have Harper and Boston back there getting help from the other 9 starters than Oher on an island at LT.

Sorry to burst your bubble boy but they brought in Ginn and Oher for this specific reason. They're our last resorts in case the draft doesn't work out for us. The odds of us drafting a franchise LT are pretty damn slim. In addition, WRs like Strong, White, Cooper, Lockett, Greene, Green-Beckham, etc may not be there when it's our turn.

Exactly the point .. Last resort doesn't mean their isn't a need.. If we have to depend on either being more than a stop gap OT and a 4th / 3rd wr we're in trouble. .

Exactly the point .. Last resort doesn't mean their isn't a need.. If we have to depend on either being more than a stop gap OT and a 4th / 3rd wr we're in trouble. .

Precisely. We are two/three years past-due putting talent around Cam. It's the number one priority. Gettleman has drafted for need in the first round since he has been here. I suspect that trend continues and we take a tackle or receiver in the first again.

That's likely our hope at the moment.

If we can't find an OT who G-Man is comfortable with, then training camp cuts or a trade might be a probable move. Then again, The Panthers could just roll the dice again and see if our OL comes together by mid-season.

Either way, I'm preparing myself for Oher and Remmers as our Tackles.

Good idea, even if we can dream.

Precisely. We are two/three years past-due putting talent around Cam. It's the number one priority. Gettleman has drafted for need in the first round since he has been here. I suspect that trend continues and we take a tackle or receiver in the first again.

Jalean Strong

News Flash: Every team has needs and holes. Yes, that even includes The Seahawks and Patriots. Regardless, Oher and Ginn fill those needs to some capacity. Are they the caliber of players we lust for? No, but they'll have to do and step up if we don't draft a stud or starter.

That's reality.

No that's not reality and I think finally Gettlemen and the FO realize they can't keep asking Cam to make chicken salad out of chicken poo..

No team has done less to surround a young QB with talent more than us.. Gettlemen has said as much many times this off-season. .

It doesn't have to be this way again. .

Do you honestly think they brought Ginn in here to be the number 2 wr?? Do you honestly think they aren't going to add another WR to the roster? ?

Carolina since Cam has been here has wrote the book on "What not to do when you have a franchise quarterback." That changes this draft.

If everything Gettlemen says this off-season is his true opinion. . This is the off-season that will change. .

Archived