• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans will release WR Andre Johnson today

Car123

He put up 936 yards last season, even missing a game and Houston's garbage QB situation. 2013 he had over 1400 yards, 2012 nearly 1600.

He'd be a great stopgap on a cheap one or two year deal if we can't land one of the premier younger guys (and with the asking prices that are being reported it looks like we won't).

People literally have not seen AJ play. He's 33 but he'll play as if he's 28.

Whether or not he can play isn't the question anyone's asking.

It's would he play for the kind of minimal contract our cap would allow us to offer.

My opinion?  No.

A good portion of fans in here keep mentioning his age. It's a clear dig at him. Andre is still a Top 10-15 WR in this league.

Now, if some team wants to overspend then I say go nuts but AJ is worth at least a 3-4 year contract for 15-20 million.

Age means he's likely only a stopgap.

I'd say the people mentioning that are hoping for a more long term solution.

And he may be worth what you're suggesting, but with our cap room, that's just too much.

I want him, and I think he'll come a lot cheaper than most of you are projecting. I'm guessing a 1 or 2 year, incentive laden deal with little guaranteed.

Issue is, he wants a championship, so this has pats, Ravens, or broncos written all over it.

Archived