• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Rumor) Panthers interested in Cecil Shorts

jamos14

We have more money than last year, but we still don;t have that much salary cap room (especially not relative to some others).

I'm not upset over Maclin, Cobb or Smith Im not a huge fan of any of them especially with their price tags but guys like Andre Johnson and Stevie Johnson would be major upgrades and I think could be had for a fair price.

Obviously the AJ ship has sailed but Stevie is still out there, I'd even make peace with Crabtree just as insurance in case someone doesn't fall in the draft

I don't care if Benjamin's drop rate is higher. The last thing our offense needs is another possession receiver who has the case of dropsies.

Exactly.  Plus, his catch rate is even more concerning which has dropped every year since he's been in the league...and that factors in more than just how good his hands are. 

Once he catches the ball though, he's good for YAC but honestly, this would be the only WR signing I'd have a problem with. I'm not asking for some big signing, I'm actually cool if we don't even sign another FA WR.  Let's just go after a 2 in the draft. 

This kid is actually a freaking stud!! has anyone seen his YouTube vids I mean I do a lot of scouting at every level of football so I definitely know the game and shorts definitely fits a small shifty nfl receiver mold. I honestly think he is better than ginn by a long ways as a receiver that being said if he is signed he instantly becomes our 2nd best receiver but really is fit for a #3 role he really plays a lot like golden Tate

Archived