• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Bradford + picks traded to Philly for Nick Foles

jamos14

Sam Bradford can't be the plan for Philly. He hasn't played on full season healthy since his rookie year. Philly has to have a plan in place to get Mariota.

I don't see Bradford being much of a bargaining chip in moving all the way up to draft Mariota. If Kelly really wants Marcus Mariota, it's going to end up being a Robert Griffin type of trade, and it could set Philly back for years. We'll see I guess.

Some funny comments on Deadspin from the trade:

-Hopefully Chip Kelly remembers to unplug his XBox One before saving his progress.

-I feel like Chip Kelly is about to drop a bomb and say that that Santa Claus that was assaulted so many years ago by Philly fans, was actually his father, and this is his sweet, sweet revenge

-Sam Bradford backed up by Mark Sanchez. That's a 99 Kia Sephia backed up by a 98 Kia Sephia.

-Stephen A. Smith is going to blow a gasket when learns Chip is bringing in Oklahoma players now.

http://deadspin.com/eagles-trade-nick-foles-for-sam-bradford-1690617428#

Washington is rumored to take Mariota at #5 if available. I believe that maybe Washington is putting out some misinformation to trick the Eagles to try to get a higher pick than 5 so they will waste more to move up. Chip wants Mariota and has proved he will do crazy transactions so it would be a great idea for Washington to trick a division rival.

Washington is rumored to take Mariota at #5 if available. I believe that maybe Washington is putting out some misinformation to trick the Eagles to try to get a higher pick than 5 so they will waste more to move up. Chip wants Mariota and has proved he will do crazy transactions so it would be a great idea for Washington to trick a division rival.

With all the crap that Gruden talked last year I could definitely see them moving on and drafting HIS guy.

Will the Titans regret passing on him too? or the Jets? We know what Foxy thinks about rookie QB's, they'll draft D.

Philly has already given up next years #2 for Sam and can get a third rounder back if it fails. I think the Marriota talk is media driven after that trade. They still need massive help on D and now they have to replace the quality guys they've released too.

Some funny comments on Deadspin from the trade:

-Hopefully Chip Kelly remembers to unplug his XBox One before saving his progress.

-I feel like Chip Kelly is about to drop a bomb and say that that Santa Claus that was assaulted so many years ago by Philly fans, was actually his father, and this is his sweet, sweet revenge

-Sam Bradford backed up by Mark Sanchez. That's a 99 Kia Sephia backed up by a 98 Kia Sephia.

-Stephen A. Smith is going to blow a gasket when learns Chip is bringing in Oklahoma players now.

http://deadspin.com/eagles-trade-nick-foles-for-sam-bradford-1690617428#

Lol @ santa claus comment.

I echo the others here towards the end. First I heard the deal, oooo chip MUST be getting draft picks. Then I heard 1st rounders swap plus picks for chip, ok I understand and agree. (better than the other awffffffful recent deals) Then the real details come out......wtf?!?!? The 2016 #2 is a deal breaker...... its like chip is in competition with the 49ers about whom is having the worse offseason. He keeps one upping them, he's lost his damn mind.

I'm sooooo glad chip isn't in charge here.

Eagles team website:

"Why Eagles Feel Great About Bradford

An extremely talented quarterback ... Bradford is able to make every throw from every position on the field. When the Eagles studied him -- and they did so very, very extensively before the trade -- they saw a quarterback with special accuracy, with touch, with a big arm. A quarterback who can get the ball out quickly, who can make fast, good decisions. Bradford is, the Eagles think, a classic pocket quarterback ... the quarterback that head coach Chip Kelly wants. ... He identified Sam Bradford as a special talent who can make this offense soar.

Bradford, the Eagles feel, can do it all. ... Offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur's input was critical as well. He's extremely high on Bradford, having been the offensive coordinator in St. Louis for Bradford's rookie season. In that year,..his 3,512 passing yards were second to only Peyton Manning’s 3,739 in 1998. ... Bradford earned NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

That's the player the Eagles think they have acquired, a special talent ... They got the quarterback they wanted, one they think can be special ... Sam Bradford is the quarterback Kelly thinks can operate this offense to maximum efficiency."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/dave-spadaro/article-1/Why-Eagles-Feel-Great-About-Bradford/f02d6f96-669d-4382-a921-c9dda0f9c95b

Both Bradford and Foles are in the final year of their contracts. Bradford is due $13 million while Foles is only due $1.5 million. Either team could sign their new QB to an extension now if they view him as their long term solution. Doing so would result in a better contract than if they do good this year and command a bigger contract at the end of the year. It's possible that the Eagles only decided to go through with the deal if Bradford assured them he was willing to take a pay cut more in line with his more recent production

http://overthecap.com/eagles-trade-sam-bradford/

everybody on the Eagles forum I've read so far hates this trade. The only two people who loved it wrote:

-On paper, Sam Bradford equates to Andrew Luck. Who wouldn't be thrilled with Luck as Eagles QB instead of Foles.

-Bradford's gonna be Comeback POY. People just don't realize what's about to happen here. Wait until the RB bombshell drops. We are on our way. Bradford was always the perfect QB for this Offense, but I always thought it was a pipe dream. I mean, how many times does everything line up just right, in a dozen different ways. What a great day this is.

Archived