• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth dropping knowledge, perspective and some clarity for the cliff jumpers

SCP

That poo is lame.  

You build from the draft, and bring in bargain free agents---sometimes big name free agents---to fill in holes and get you to a Super Bowl.  It's not that hard to understand.  Where the differences come in is what constitutes a bargain.  That is totally worth discussing.

All this suggests is that you dont intricately understand how those teams work and leaves me apathetic towards your sentiment as a whole

The reason these teams are better is because they have better players. Save for Denver the two teams who made it to the Super Bowl drafted and developed their talent while adding effective but reasonable FA.

We are building just like those teams so your argument is dumb.

I will answer that for him. Of course he does. If anyone would actually read what someone says and actually read with understanding, as opposed to reacting with hyperbole, then they would know this.

I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but I am tired of all the back and forth about perceived overreactions and taking what people say out of context in order to get a hip hip hooray from the Huddle amen choir.

Wat

That poo is lame.

You build from the draft, and bring in bargain free agents---sometimes big name free agents---to fill in holes and get you to a Super Bowl. It's not that hard to understand. Where the differences come in is what constitutes a bargain. That is totally worth discussing.

And where did Voth's article say anything contrary to what you posted?

Just curious, who do you think my OP was directed towards? Because it was not at any one individual. Have you seen Twitter? There are some morons tweeting some stupid poo about this team and this GM's plan. So yes, many folks need to back off the damn cliff.

I don't know that you directed towards anyone in particular. Only you could answer that.  But, other people take your words and ascribe them to Growl or PanthersUnited (who seems like a little less knowledgeable, I will admit, but still provides some interesting questions), for example, and run with it.  Neither of these guys has spoken to jumping off of a cliff.  Neither is a troll either.  

And where did Voth's article say anything contrary to what you posted?

I didn't say it did. i appreciate Voth for what he does.  I appreciate all the writers and bloggers that cover Panthers football (except for maybe Gantt, who is still taking shots).  I think that they all do a decent job at what they do.  Unlike some of the ignorant that speak around here, I realize that they have other things to do than carry their phones and wait for the next tip or twitter update. I just believe in keeping what all of them say in perspective, and realize that they are ultimately guessing like everyone else, until they are told otherwise.  

I don't know why all these fans think a superb owl is won in free agency anyway. You use free agency for fill gaps and use the draft to build your team. I'm glad we don't go out and hand QB money to DT's.

Gettleman knows what the f*ck he is doing. After back to back beasty drafts and back to back NFC South titles, you would think people would STFU about Gettleman.

we just go out and hand qb's to the dt's and the de's.

Read an article by Person (I think) that Cam likes Bersin as a possession target.

Cam doesn't throw anybody under the bus.. He backed Bell and Chandler even when they were getting him killed.. So that means nothing. .

I bet Cam didn't like the way Bersin slipped when he was the 1st option on that red zone route in Seattle. .

Serious question would Bersin be the 3rd or 4th wr for any other team who made the playoffs this year??

Cam doesn't throw anybody under the bus.. He backed Bell and Chandler even when they were getting him killed.. So that means nothing. .

I bet Cam didn't like the way Bersin slipped when he was the 1st option on that red zone route in Seattle. .

Serious question would Bersin be the 3rd or 4th wr for any other team who made the playoffs this year??

Of course he wouldn't be but how many playoff teams were as cap screwed as we were/are?

Archived