• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd Gurley to visit with the Panthers

TylerVagyler

There's an absurd history of them producing phenomenal players too. But history doesn't mean much in terms of evaluating an individual player. If you can't look past the jersey you probably shouldn't be making statements about a players ability (not specifically saying you either). It's just an ignorant argument that's often used to dismiss players from whatever school year after year. 

butthurt USC fan

When a school as produced as many skill position busts over the past 15 or so years as USC has, it's something you have to factor into your evaluation.  I don't know what the root cause of it is, but it's real.

I think Gurley will be long gone by 25 anyway. Think he goes between 16-23. Texans (as heir apparent to Foster), Chargers (no #1 RB at the moment), Browns (less likely, but possible), Lions (already set up a visit and workout), Cardinals (Ellington is injury prone, rumors they are sniffing around AP) all could use him.

butthurt USC fan

When a school as produced as many skill position busts over the past 15 or so years as USC has, it's something you have to factor into your evaluation.  I don't know what the root cause of it is, but it's real.

What percentage of on field talent is impacted by the uniform you wear in college? Can I get that in a pie chart? Ignorant argument is ignorant. For any school.

What percentage of on field talent is impacted by the uniform you wear in college? Can I get that in a pie chart? Ignorant argument is ignorant. For any school.

100% of it. It's always a piece of the puzzle.

I'd be curious to hear your take on why so many highly drafted USC skill position players have failed to live up to their billing. What causes NFL teams to continue to miss in their evaluations?

Or is butthurt fan just butthurt?

We've been linked to both Gurley and Tevin Coleman recently. Sure looks like we're taking a hard look at a RB early. Almost certainly not #25 early, but looks like a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round could certainly be in play.

I'm not against it. DeAngelo is gone now and this is very possibly Stewart's last season as a Panther too. You can't count on him staying healthy anyway. I'm not sure why RB as a need hasn't gotten more talk.

I've been talking Ameer Abdullah to anyone that'll listen :)

100% of it. It's always a piece of the puzzle.

I'd be curious to hear your take on why so many highly drafted USC skill position players have failed to live up to their billing. What causes NFL teams to continue to miss in their evaluations?

Or is butthurt fan just butthurt?

Dwayne Jarrett & Mike Williams had a poo work ethic and people even knew this. Steve Smith had injuries that derailed his career after it appeared like he was breaking out. Patrick Turner wasn't nearly as good as people wanted him to be. David Ausberry has turned into a decent #2 TE. Jordan Cameron is one of the better TE when healthy. Jury is out on Kiffins first two WR, but Woods is certainly trending in the right direction. 

I've been talking Ameer Abdullah to anyone that'll listen :)

I like Abdullah, but the fumbles worry me. He reminds me of Gio Bernard.

Haven't watched him enough to say whether it's technique related and fixable or whether its his small hands. His hands measured almost a full inch smaller than Bernard's.

We've been linked to both Gurley and Tevin Coleman recently. Sure looks like we're taking a hard look at a RB early. Almost certainly not #25 early, but looks like a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round could certainly be in play.

I'm not against it. DeAngelo is gone now and this is very possibly Stewart's last season as a Panther too. You can't count on him staying healthy anyway. I'm not sure why RB as a need hasn't gotten more talk.

There's so much value to grabbing one in the second or third. Groom a young guy to be our feature back for the next 5 years im down.

Gurley is one of those picks that if the Panthers made in the first round the pundits would shake their heads but if he went to New England or Seattle or Baltimore in the first round it would get an A+.

Stewart isn't getting younger and has an injury history and we've seen how important the running game still is in the NFL. If his knee is alright he's a top 15 talent and the best RB in the draft. I'd be all for it, especially if he somehow fell to round 2.

Archived