• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan "Blue Balls" Ball leaves Panther offer on table

CubsWin

Nice. This could prove to be a really solid signing. Let him compete for the #2 CB (hell maybe #1) spot on the outside. Bene fills the slot. Tre, Harper and Coleman battle for the 2 safety positions. We could have a pretty decent defensive backfield. With the front four signed and settled (minus any rookies we get) and the starting LBs obvious...the defense looks presentable. I like it.

If nothing else, I would say that free agency (to include resignings of current players) has filled all of the holes (on defense) and allows for a much more objective approach to the draft. NEED seems to have been addressed. I'm pretty sure I've heard that's what FA is for somewhere. I just can't remember where.

Free agent corner Alan Ball is scheduled to visit the Panthers on Thursday afternoon, according to a league source.
There were media reports Thursday that Ball had already signed with Carolina, but there is not an agreement yet, according to two league sources.

If things go well, Ball could be a Panther by the end of Thursday.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article15351506.html#storylink=cpy

EDIT: There is nothing more to read at the link. That's the whole story. And can't fix the formatting. Sorry.

EDIT EDIT: There IS more at the link.

ESPN posted this 5 minutes ago (not sure what to believe) - there's more to the story at the link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12513979/alan-ball-carolina-panthers-agree-terms-contract

The Carolina Panthers have reached a one-year deal with former Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Alan Ball, a league source told ESPN.com.

[+] Enlargenfl_a_alanball_tb_300x200.jpg
Phelan M. Ebenhack/Associated PressThe Panthers continued to upgrade their secondary by picking up former Jaguars CB Alan Ball.

Ball is getting a $2 million deal that includes a $1 million signing bonus and up to $500,000 in playing time incentives, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.

Archived